Thursday Drinks, July 28th , 8 PM, Zollpackhof - Elisabeth-Abegg-Straße 1, 10557 Berlin

200 posts in this topic

Every Thursday evening English-speaking readers of this chat forum meet up for drinks, chat, and a laugh at some bar or pub in Berlin.

Event details:

• The venue varies from week to week, check the discussion below, and title of this page above, for latest info (see venue history)
  • The number of attendees also varies, but usually around twenty people join each week
  • Everyone is encouraged to post up a message if they intend to come
  • Newcomers are always welcome. Introduce yourself online here so that others know to expect you on the evening

Every Sunday at midnight all the chat from previous weeks is automatically moved to the discussion archive. See also the photo sets: one, two, three.

Let's take care of the FAQs all at once...

Hi, I'm new here and would like to join you! Is this meetup still happening?

Yes, the meeting takes place every Thursday, rain or shine, unless it falls on a major holiday - but often even then.

Where is this week's meeting?

If it doesn't say so in the thread subtitle, it hasn't been decided yet. Voting takes place in this thread Monday through Wednesday and the venue is posted in the thread subtitle by Thursday morning at the latest (often earlier).

What time do you usually meet up?

Most people get there between 8-9pm. Some arrive as late as 11. If it's your first time, it's probably easier to arrive after 8:30 (closer to 9:00) - it'll make it easier to find the group.

How do I find the group?

Look for the loud group of English-speaking people. It also helps to look at the profile pictures of people posting in this thread so you know who to look for.

How many people show up?

Anywhere between 5-50 depending on the time of year, etc. Usually it's around 20-30 people though.

How late do you stay out?

Some people go home as early as 9 or 10pm, others stay out as late as 7am sometimes!

How old are the people who go?

Most people are in their 20s and 30s, but everyone is welcome!

Where are the people from that go?

Most people are from English-speaking countries (UK, U.S., Canada, South Africa, Australia, etc.) but a good percentage have English as their second language.

I'm too shy to just show up at a bar without knowing anyone. Should I go?

All of us have gone through the awkwardness of attending our first TT event, so we'll all be welcoming once we know who you are.

Should I open a tab at the bar or pay as I go?

For simple reasons of keeping things organized and peaceful, it's best to pay for your drinks as you go along. That way nobody is stuck at the end of the evening with a tab full of drinks they didn't consume and the bar staff and patrons alike are happy.

That should cover it.

Bar probably isn't a good idea with so many of us. If you look on their site, on the right side, it says Harry's Karaoke and when you click on it, it says every Thursday. I checked their FB page and they posted saying the Karaoke is continuing again, so at this point who knows lol

Hello all,

This week I am going to suggest The Cliff of Dooneen Irish pub in Prenzlauer Berg. Never been there before but its looks alright from the pictures I've seen online. It's located at Husemannstraße 6, 10435 Berlin.

Barry

Okay, I'm going to call it now. Tonight we will meet at The Cliff of Dooneen pub at Husemannstraße 6, 10435 Berlin.

It is time to get the organisation of this weeks drinks started. My suggestion for this week is Brauhaus Südstern, Hasenheide 69, 10967 Berlin, Germany. It is a fairly large bar with some good beers.

Time to call.

This week's TND will take place at  Brauhaus Südstern, Hasenheide 69, 10967 Berlin.

Sounds like a plan, Im due a wee dram after a month off the sauce :rolleyes:

Oberbaumeck ; Luisv, colincostello, butterpie

Sounds good! I should be there around 8ish. Maybe even earlier than that.