Swimming courses for babies in Munich

38 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi!

Anyone who could recommend a good baby swimming course in Munich?

/toca

Posted

I take my baby (she's 6 months) to a baby swimming course in Gravelottestr near Ostbahnhof. This Babyschwimmen group also run courses in Schwabing. However the next round of courses does not start until 20 January 2007!

I believe they also have baby swimming classes at Nordbad.

Posted

We've been to both Nordbad and Michaelibad for baby swimming at the Munich pools.

Both are fun, but I would advise you to go early if you go to Nordbad. It's quite popular, and the swimming courses often sell out 30 minutes before class time. Michaelibad has more class opportunities.

Posted

Does anyone know if any of these courses are offered in English? If not, are there any English baby swimming lessons in Munich?

Posted

The one I mentioned above (near Ostbahnhof) is not in English. I have limited German skills and I still manage ok. The teacher for my course doesn't speak English but some of the other mothers do. But you can get by by following what the others are doing and learning a few German nursery rhymes. I'm sure the other classes are probably similar.

Posted

Thanks, that helps a lot. I see you are also in the Au--my daughter is almost 11 months old and has never had any swimming classes, but she loves the water. I was thinking of taking her up to the Muller-something-bad (??) (forget the actual name...up on the Isar, the old one that's supposed to be lovely and has the big clock tower) sometime and getting her in the water again.

Perhaps we'll join the Babyschwimmen course in January!

Posted

I used to take my son to a "waterbabies" course in Obermenzing. I was really impressed with the teacher and would still be going if it weren't for the 50 minute drive from our home! The course is held in a "private" pool (belongs to a clinic) with very little chlorine - ideal for babies. (http://www.delphisart.de/obermenzing.html). You learn proper techniques here - no bouncing around in the water singing songs!

A friend of mine takes her daughter to Aqua & Soul in Fürstenried-West and she likes it a lot. The courses are similar to those in Aquasanum in Obermenzing. (http://www.aquaandsoul.de/babyschwimmen/babyschwimmen.html).

We also did courses at the Phönixbad in Ottobrunn, but now prefer to do "free swimming", i.e. splashing around! There is a Scottish teacher at the pool in Ottobrunn, but as far as I know she only does the aquarobic courses and even then she does them in German!

Posted

Can someone recommend a place to do baby swimming. I want to do this activity soon with my daughter. I imagine the place would be in German.

Topics merged by admin

Posted

I know there are others, but we did this one based on location:

http://www.aquabell.de/

They have 3 locations, I believe. This is sort of a cuddly course (we had previously done one outside of Germany that had us dunking the baby 3 times per session), but it was good fun and a nice something for the babies & toddlers.

Posted

We are using Aqua & Soul in the south of Munich. www.helga-korp-atem.de

They are really good, at least in our experience. We dunk the babies occasionally. But it is good fun. They are specialized in baby swiming. Room temperature is "sauna like" so the kids love being naked and having a wriggle.

Posted

anyone know where to get swimming nappies for smaller babies? I´ve tried a couple of Rossman´s but they only do in sizes from 7kg upwards and Schlecker don´t have any at all...

Posted

DM have swimming nappies but I couldn't tell you which sizes they stock.

Posted

fantastic, thanks a million

Posted

What are swimming nappies? What are they called in German?

Posted

not sure what they're called but they're pretty obvious in the diaper section.

Posted

not sure what they're called but they're pretty obvious in the diaper section.

swimming nappies --> Schwimmwindeln

Thanks.

Posted

Regarding the courses.Guess most of the pools have kind of holidays for the next two weeks and resume their classe from 26th May..