Photography Club Munich

37 posts in this topic

Posted

This Photography Club meets every two weeks on Tuesday evenings for a shoot around the city and then discussion about the shoot and socializing at a local bar/cafe. The start time for the bi-weekly meeting will vary so keep an eye on the header for location, time, and date information.

We welcome all skill levels. Some of us know what we are doing...some of us don’t! The common ground is our passion, our desire to improve, and our willingness to help others.

We have a Flickr Group but in order to have access you need to participate in at least one meeting! Hopefully that will keep you around and wanting more!

Welcome!

Check also the discussion archive for chat from previous meetups

Posted

i'll bail on the 13:30 at Laim so will try to find you on train

Posted

Hello, I would also like to join for this trip. I don't see any reservation link, so I'm just going to add my name to the previous list, if that is okay. Have you decided on the location where you will meet at Hauptbahnhof?

Please sign up:

1. Ian

2. Alex

3. Stepan

4. Lydia

5. Basmah

Posted

Yes. Just add your name to the bottom of the list.

The Hauptbahnhof meeting point is right in front of the International press shop. Which is opposite platform 23.

Alex we'll keep an eye out for you after Laim. Take my number.

This event was also posted on meetup.com. So there are plenty of people coming.

If you arrive on time we can organise group tickets to share. E.G. 5 people who already have Innenraum (white zone) tickets can share an 11,70 Aussenraum Day ticket, each paying 2.34€.

Posted

Hi Guys,

Any recommendations on where to rent cameras, lenses, and gear for photo shoots in Munich?

Thanks,

- David

Posted

I will meet you at the S-Bahn platform in Dachau when you arrive and then take the bus along with you, so don't wait for me at Hauptbahnhof. I will make sure to take your number, Ian. See everyone Sunday!

Posted

Trip to Dachau Concentration Camp. (KZ) (FAQ, Guidlines PDF)

Sunday 12th April. 13:10 Meet at Hauptbahnhof (location TBD)

Take S2 (S-Bahn Gleis 2)at 13:30 to Dachau

Take Bus 726 to KZ. 14:10 Meet others just inside entrance.

My (Ian's) mobile number 0172 7683510

This will go ahead in all but extreme rain/snow. So wet or cloudy is OK. Especially for moody black and white shooting.

DETAILS subject to confirmation here!

Please sign up:

1. Ian

2. Alex

3. Stepan

4. Lydia

5. Basmah

6. Angela (I'll most probably come by car and see you at the concentration camp directly)

Posted

Hi- am new to the group but would like to come along too.

Trip to Dachau Concentration Camp. (KZ) (FAQ, Guidlines PDF)

Sunday 12th April. 13:10 Meet at Hauptbahnhof (location TBD)

Take S2 (S-Bahn Gleis 2)at 13:30 to Dachau

Take Bus 726 to KZ. 14:10 Meet others just inside entrance.

My (Ian's) mobile number 0172 7683510

This will go ahead in all but extreme rain/snow. So wet or cloudy is OK. Especially for moody black and white shooting.

DETAILS subject to confirmation here!

Please sign up:

1. Ian

2. Alex

3. Stepan

4. Lydia

5. Basmah

6. Angela (I'll most probably come by car and see you at the concentration camp directly)

7. Rae

Posted

Hello, last minute signup. I would also like to join for this trip. see you at Hbf

Please sign up:

1. Ian

2. Alex

3. Stepan

4. Lydia

5. Basmah

6. billybob

Posted

Hi,

I am looking for a photographer who can take some nice pictures of my daughters birthday party. I am looking for those who love photography and do it as a hobby and can show their skills and earn a little money.

Students, part timers here is a good chance for you to show ur skills with some earning. Its around 3 hours job for saturday 18th April from 12 - 3 pm.

Address and etc will be discussed personally.

If interested kindly pm with your contact number.

Thanks

Posted

After the Dachau trip on Sunday, a discussion was had as to what things to do next. So here i am asking you to put forward suggestions for themes for future meets. My 2 suggestions are:-

1 - Light painting

2 - Abandened buildings, industrial sites etc

Posted

With the Frühlingsfest starting on Friday, how about shooting at dusk to get all those colours?

There's just so much colour for the taking.

post-7126-142918457741.jpg post-7126-14291845819559.jpg

I've seen great pictures of old abandoned hospitals and stuff. I'd love to give that a go.

http://www.derelictlondon.com/

I saw some abandoned buildings from the S-Bahn window on the way to Dachau out of town. Don't know if you can get in though.

There is also the old abandoned S-Bahn station in the Olympia park. But don't go there after dark.

Posted

I would like to give the abandoned buildings a go too!

Posted

Dachau Concentration Camp is quite the eye-opener. :o I see that a replica for the Arbeit Macht Frei gate is now being created after the original was stolen last year.

There's a nice old Toytown thread on abandoned buildings and places around Munich that might be of interest to some of you.

Hidden Munich - derelict buildings, places unseen

I also follow a Twitter account on photographing abandoned places from around the world. Check it out at @AbandonedPIaces. :)

Posted

I have been keeping an eye out for derelict buildings for a long time and at the end of last summer I saw a construction site that had some promise. It was fenced, but the gate was open and there were no guards or workers around. Several buildings of an old factory or small brewery with lots of rubble inside had some graffiti and some photographic potential, but I couldn't find anyone to ask about getting permission. I sort of forgot about it until now, I'll try to find it this week and see if it's still a ruin or if it has actually been developed. It is in Thalkirchen along the west side of the Isar canal, around the Campingplatz. There are some other possibly interesting locations around there and to the south and west. See Google maps.

Pictures of abandoned/derelict buildings would be much more interesting with some models in them. Perhaps someone knows someone who might be interested in posing? Good would be with some fancy or strange clothing, better would be with dessous or bikini and best would be Akt. Clothed models might be found for TfP, but Akt or Teilakt models would have to be payed. Usually this runs to 50€ per hour, but with a group sharing the cost it wouldn't be too bad. If anyone is interested in sharing costs to make some Akt Bilder, please PM me. I will see if the place I found last year is available for a group shoot and post again.

Posted

Hi Everyone,

I am selling some of my camera equipment on Toytown (Munich)

Please check below links if you are interested.

Lowepro DSLR Backpack:

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=345443

Canon 55-250 telefoto lens.

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=345441

Posted

I have just come across this website which seems to cover a lot of abandened places throughout Germany. Unfortunately its all in German so it'll take take me a while to translate stuff lol. They have a free digital download for their magazine and also a facebook page, where i have requested any info on places around Munich.

www.rottenplaces.de

Posted

Another Suggestion: With the Alps so close by, and a chance to get some unique sunset, sunrise and early misty morning pictures, we should book an overnight stay somewhere up in the foothills or the mountains.

post-7126-14296436170085.jpg

Posted

Another Suggestion: With the Alps so close by, and a chance to get some unique sunset, sunrise and early misty morning pictures, we should book an overnight stay somewhere up in the foothills or the mountains.

...or find overnight accommodation in a Gasthaus somewhere in the mountains to photograph the Milky Way and do star trails.

I guess you need a pitch-black night without moonshine, and intervalometres for that...

I still want to try it out this summer!

Posted

1) I did not manage to find the derelict buildings I saw last year, nor anything else in the area that is promising. I'll keep looking and if anyone knows of a place in or around Munich, please post.

2) Mountain sunrise/sunset pictures are something I've long wanted to try also and an overnight stay could be fun. Staying in the valley doesn't really work because getting up a mountain before sunrise, or down after sunset means walking in the dark. There are no lifts open and for an old man with a bad heart and 30 kgs. of camera on his back, it would be too much of a climb. A summit hotel costs 150-500€ per night, per person, so I don't think a lot of us can handle that. The only reasonable way would be to stay in a hut for anywhere from 6-35€ per night. If you're not fussy and can handle snorers, a hut party would be fun. There is a hut on the Zugspitze, Münchner Haus that costs 18€ for DAV members and 28€ for non-members. The bahn ride to get up there costs more than that, but the views from the top of Germany should be great. Of course you can walk up, if you're ambitious and fit.

Maybe some of you are keen on doing a mountain trip soon, but I was thinking I might like to make a Zugspitze overnight during the Perseids meteor shower this year. The sky should be about perfect regarding moonlight, as it is practically new moon on the viewing maximum night, Aug. 10-11. It's a little too soon to get a weather forecast for it, but if it is a clear night it would be fantastic! Aug. 10-11 is a Monday-Tuesday, so working people might have a problem. There should be a few meteors the Sunday or Saturday before, if you can't go on a Monday.

The DAV website show you where mountain huts can be found throughout the Alps. Please share your thoughts about how, where and when to try a mountain trip if you're interested.

Posted

Count me in for the Alps trip.