Ladies hairdresser recommendations

138 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi- this may seem like frivolous topic, but I am in need of a haircut. I live in Berlin and would love to find a great hairdresser that I can talk to (I'm just beginning to learn German) who can give me a nice style and is creative- someone who can help shape my growing-out haircut! I miss the person I used to go to in the States. Does anyone have any recommendations for such a salon with a stylist who is good and can speak enough English to communicate with me?

Thanks!!!

Posted

Hi,

Only on i can think of is:

Toni & Guy Hairdressing. Kurfürstendamm 203 10719 Berlin

A friend of mine has used them with positive results. Worth a chat anyway.

Posted

Toni & Guy also have a second salon at: Knesebeckstraße 35, 10623 Berlin-Charlottenburg

Posted

Ok, I know Toni and Guy from the States - and I could probably stop in and ask for an appointment in English and ask for an English-speaking stylist? K-damm isn't so far from my place, anyway. Thanks for the tip! ;)

Posted

There's also Jessica at Hair Affair near U Gneisenaustr. It's more of an "alternative" salon, but they do "normal" haircuts too. My husband's haircut and blow dry was 25E.

030 691 9089

Posted

Hi - if you're still looking ... I like Vidal Sasson. When you call to book, the receptionist speaks English and can hook you up with one of their English speaking stylists.

Vidal Sassoon Haircare GmbH

Schlüterstr. 38

10629 Berlin

030/8845000

Ask what their prices are on the phone as it depends on who you get. They also have a really good colorist from Sweden (forgetting her name) who is completely fluent in English and does a fantastic job! :D

Posted

Just curious, does anyone know how much a haircut at any of these places typically cost?

Posted

there is a hairdressers near Görlitzerbahnhof, where you get the mop chopped for a tenner. Toni & Guy cost about 30 lids don't they?

Posted

thanks for the tip.

but as this is actually my first time getting a haircut from someone other than my normal hairdresser, i think i may not mind the extra 20 or so euro to NOT just get my mop chopped! ;)

Posted

Cut and Go places just wont 'cut' it for me...haha!

I go to Catwalk on Albrechtstrasse in Mitte...I've always had great results.

Posted

I am New York City hairstylist (10 years) recently relocated to Berlin. I live in Prenzlauer Berg, but will travel to you. Prices are given upon request, but are very reasonable. I am available for haircuts and color. You can email me at reneedidio@gmail.com

Posted

Can anyone recommend Cutman? They offer wash & haircuts for 10 euro, and they seem to be everywhere. Has anyone actually got a haircut from them?

Posted

Cutman was the first haircut I ever got here in Berlin. I didn't speak a word of German, but my budget was very low- luckily there is a woman who works at the Rathaus Steglitz location that speaks English so I was able to tell her what I wanted. It wasn't a bad haircut, but at Cutman you dry your hair yourself. I know now that's normal in Germany, but in the US, even the cheapest places will blow dry your hair. After I dried my hair I thought the woman did a good job- of course I'm sure it depends on who you get at a Cutman, but the price isn't bad.

Posted

Can anyone recommend a good, well-priced hairdresser in Berlin that they personally use? One that is happy to converse in English would be ideal, although I could probably get by with my German skills to request a cut and color.

I would rather take someone's recommendation for these sorts of things, even though my neighborhood is filled with salons.

Any area in Berlin is fine.

Thanks in advance!

Etain

Topics merged by admin

Posted

After a few too many fiascos regarding my hair, I was extremely happy to find Tomas at Strauch Friseure. He speaks very good English and I paid 62 euros for a cut and colour. Very pleased with the result!

Mariendorfer-Damm 126 (right at Alt-Mariendorf U-Bahn station)

12109 Berlin

(030)706 22 42

Posted

I just found tony and guy off Ku'damm (u-bahn Uhlandstr) and got a great cut for 19.50 - the guy didnt really speak much, but it was his first appointment of the day so he may have been tired. Will def be going back there forever more. I don't really trust some of the other hairdressers here and that salon chain is huge in England. Stcik with what you know.

ps. colouring was around 42 euros

Posted

Thanks for the tips :)

I actually got desperate and went to my local yokel here on Turmstr. Lady did a great job...color and cut for 24 Euros. Not bad. I will probably go somewhere nicer for a touch-up, however.

Thanks again!

E

Posted

Avedo at 26A Ku'damm - everyone there speaks english from the receptionist onward. From what I understand speaking english is a requirement to work there. Their products are "natural". I have my hair colored there, I think it's 60 euros which includes color, wash, blowdry and hand massage.

Posted

Look around. Observe the hair cuts of the local Frauen. You are probably better off cutting your hair yourself in front of a mirror. j/k.

Posted

Anyone know of any good places to get a lady's haircut? Esp. in the Kreuzberg area? Willing to spend anywhere from cheap to moderate, although I'd rather steer clear of the extremely pricey.

Thanks! :D

Topics merged by admin

Posted

Toni & Guy near savignyplatz were recently offering hair cuts for only 20 Euros

Posted

Hello,

Does enybody know any good place for men in Berlin where they really know how to cut black people's hair? :)

Posted

Patricia at Vidal Sasson on Schlueterstrasse 38 cut my hair the other day. She is a very talented hairdesigner that I can highly recommend. If you prefer a man , Jorge is good too, he cut my hair a couple of months ago and did a great job.

Posted

Anyone know of any good places to get a lady's haircut? Esp. in the Kreuzberg area? Willing to spend anywhere from cheap to moderate, although I'd rather steer clear of the extremely pricey.

Thanks!

Topics merged by admin

bit of a late reply but Schnitt Stelle on Bergmannstr. is supposed to be one of the best salons in berlin. marlena is the girl to go to.

http://eitelkeiten.com/ is their site.

Posted

hello people,

i am a hair stylist\dresser for pple with "african" or mixed or even white" type of hair who want to fix a weave or braid. I also sell weaves and extensions from €10 and so. u can send me an email on pheycool@yahoo.com. If you have such friends i wouldn't mind a recomandations. I'd love to hear from you, thanks