Pet sitter recommendations

101 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all,

Scogs and I are back from Cancun, and yes it was great! To all of you who offered to take care of my kitties, thank you all again, maybe we can work something out next time. I ended up taking the three (3, 8 and 15 yrs) to the Katzenstüberl belonging to a vet named Hannelore Koch. She is heavy on natural medicine etc. and really loves animals. When we brought the cats she gave them a thorough check-up, talked to them and jotted down any special information I had. We then took the cats to this well secured shed (possibly a former barn on a small scale) in back of the office building which has a ledge all around about 2/3 of the way up to the sloping roof, an upper floor taking up half the available space and loads of cat-trees, perching places, hideaways, ladders and cat-mint.

I should say there is room for about 15 cats there without their feeling crowded, the place is neither too hot or too cold, the radio runs all day long so the cats have a human voice around them. We picked them up today, well-fed, perky and healthy, and Hannelore told us exactly how each of them behaved, proving that she does keep tabs on them and remembers their behavior. They get fed and patted three times a day and do their cat-thing the rest of the time. I even have the impression that two of my cats are missing their new playmates :P

The costs are 8.50 Euro per day per cat but can be less if you have more than one.

Telephone contact is 089/74664131, address Plinganserstrasse 6 at the top of the Sendlinger Berg.

IMPORTANT: English is not her strong side!

Update: Hannelore Koch's Sendlinger Katzenstüberl has moved!

It is now in Deining, south of Munich/Grünwald, at Hochstrasse 8 (link to map), Tel. 08170-997 281. She may come around and pick up your cats for a separate fee if you can't bring them yourselves.

Posted

Thanks for the info; sounds like a nice place. Do you know how she would handle indoor cats which should be kept apart from other cats? i.e. did you see anything like that when you were there?

Posted

This place is indoor only. I do, however, recommend having their vaccinations etc. checked before putting them in the pension.

Posted

I need a pet sitter for my cat for a week in october and in december too. Can anyone recommend someone who will come in a feed, change the litter tray etc? Finding it hard to locate anyone in Munich, the people i have found all seem to live miles away. Thanks.

I live in Trudering, which is on a U/S bahn.

Posted

I recommend myself. I sit a dog since little bit more than one year, since he was a baby!! and I really like it, he is now 1 year and 5 months... I sit him everyday from 2pm until 7pm...

so I can always take care of your dogs, I love walking and playing with them. I live in Munich Schwabing (Nordfriedhof with the U6) 5 minutes walking from Englishen Garden and have also a small garden in House. My e-mail adress is: mdgp22@yahoo.com

Until soon and have a nice day!

Maria :-)

Posted

Hi there,

We live in Berg am Laim and are planning a trip for this Dec (first week) and are looking for someone to come in on a daily basis to feed and dote on our 2 cats while we are away.

Anyone else interested in swapping catsitting roles???

Posted

I'm looking for an English speaking pet sitter for my dog for mid-late November (10 days). This would preferably be someone in the city. I'd be happy to swap pet-sitting roles with any other pet owners (cat or dog) who are going on holiday or just find someone to walk/feed him a few times a day. He's a five year old mixed breed (shepherd mix) and does well with other dogs and with cats.

Posted

Well, Marycarmen just took care of my dog (a labrador) for one week because I traveled abroad and I must say that she did it really good! I am completely happy with her and am sure that next time I travel I will let my dog with her. If you are looking for a secure place where to leave your little sweetie I think by her is the correct one, it´s in Munich and your dog will be happy. Just wanted to share my experience with you all.

Carla ;-)

Posted

Our two dogs regular pet sitter is on vacation the same time we are. We are looking for someone to watch our dogs during our vacation preferrable at our home but we are open to the dogs going to someone else's house. In NYC, we were able to always find bonded and insured pet sitters. Is there any kind of service like that here?

Posted

I HIGHLY recommend the Hunde-und Katze Pension Riffenthal. I have a 6 year old disabled Chihuahua-mix and very limited German - I left her there for a night to try the place out and couldn't have been happier. My dog appeared to have been well taken care of, and the facilities are excellent. Plus, they charged me only 9 Euro and change - for a dog that needs help peeing. I'm taking her back there next month when we fly to Italy.

Posted

Where's Riffenthal? (I presume that's a place). Do you maybe have some contact information? Thanks!

Posted

My gf and I, while certainly not "pros", both have lots of experience with dogs and cats and are usually available to either come to your place and feed, walk, etc...or can take'em here (Milbertshofen, Munich)...

We love dogs and cats...but just can't make the commitment of getting our own at the moment because it's still up in the air as to if we're moving back to the states in a couple years...

Posted

hi. looking for a petsitter fro my Yorki.. Sorry guys she hates men :)

Email me, Petra

Posted

Hundepension Riffental - was ok for my senior greyhound. She got to play, etc, but she came back with some serious bruises on all her elbows. They looked like she had been sitting on concrete. They have a weird system of their own beds which didn't look really nice or comfy for an old dog to me. They do have a lot of space for the dogs to play - if you pay for the extra play time. If your dog needs people/attention - this is not the place. Its an actual kennel/boarding place. Lots of animals, even birds. Its a huge farm house/barns converted into a dog boarding place.

It is hell far off if you don't have a car. I was stuck in the S-bahn that day for nearly 2 hours. In all for 8 days, taxi everything included - cost me 250 Euros. Starving scientists don't make much money - so that was horrible for me !

They don't speak ANY English - they are nice people - if you absolutely have to its the cheapest and sort of ok place.

Posted

We also live in Trudering and have a cat sitter who is the assistant of our vet. She would come every day every second day or twice a day, no problem. she is very nice and most of the time available. We can therefore recommend her.

Posted

Hi,

I worked as dog-walker for 6 months last year with a lovely labrador. I loved it but then I started my Master at TUM and I had to stop.

Now I have 4 months break and I would like to do it again if there is someone looking for a dog sitter.

I live in Schwabing and I have my own dog - a wonderful cocker spaniel that I brought with me from Brazil - and eventually I will need the service of another dogsitter-lover in my holidays also ;)

My e-mail is alineas2000@yahoo.com.br

Posted

@Linedimi

I need someone to walk my Jack Russell Terrorist a few weekday mornings in August. I'll email you the details.

Posted

Hello All -

We realize this is a long shot, however here goes -

We are looking for someone who may have some time available to watch our 2 small Boston Terriers in Erding. We currently have a wounderful sitter who will be completing an internship in Mid September and will be unable to continue.

The dog sitting would consist of a couple weekends and also a extended Dec Holiday. We prefer someone to come to, even stay at the house so the dogs can feel at home while we are away. If not from Erding area the S-bahn is a block away. If interested we can further explain details, payment, etc...

Posted

You could also try posting in the Classified Ads section - 'Dog Sitter Wanted'. Might get more people's attention.

Posted

I´ve just started using the services of run-dog.de and am quite pleased. The lady is a dog friend, caters to special needs, and charges 7 euros an hour for group walks. Picks up and brings the dog back. She told me she also will keep one or two dogs at her place overnight for 25 euros per day (which includes everything). At the moment she advertises for north Schwabing, but she will be expanding her services to cover all of Munich. She is professional and insured, etc.

Posted

Thanks I'll give that a try also.

Posted

Hi - I would like to recommend Cat Sitting Munich having recently used this service twice: http://catsitting-muenchen.de/visitors.html

I have three cats, two young and one elderly 15 year old who is practically blind. The lady, Andrea speaks very good English and took plenty of time to get to know the cats on her first visit with me before I went on holiday. I was worried about leaving them as this was the first time I had left them since moving to Germany. Previously in the UK I always used a service like this so was hopeful it would work out the same here - I can now say it has and I will definitely be using them again in future! The older cat was a little distressed whilst we were away (I had emailed to check up on them - sad I know whilst on holiday but I felt better!) but Andrea had the experience to ensure her well-being was taken care of.

Posted

Hi Folks-

I am searching for a dog sitter for my two samoyeds in Bogenhausen when travelling for business. 1 week increments most likely. Occassional day time or overnight visits to house also needed. Normally I go to the hundepension in the summer and winter peak holiday breaks, but I would like a more local solution for the normal course of the year.

2 Samoyeds, 6 years old and very (too friendly). Both neutered males - see attachment.

They don't fight other dogs. just love to hug and kiss anyone or anything they meet...

I apologize for the new post as I am not sure who on the thread attached is available or busy...

Thanks!

post-36127-1220011754_thumb.jpg

Posted

Thought I'd get an early start on this... we're going to need a pet sitter for our dog, a 2 yr old Samoyed, for 2 weeks in December...I'd rather not put him in a kennel because he needs his exercise and likes to be around people and I don't think he'd get either in a kennel... so it would be great if we could bring him to your place (you could come to our place, but we live like 30km north of Munich, so thats probably not practical), and in return we'd take your dog when you travel...

Please send a PM if you are interested!!

Thanks!