Snooker clubs in Frankfurt

25 posts in this topic

Posted

So far here i've seen little evidence of any Snooker Clubs. I know the game's never really taken off here in Germany. Today I found some info tho about a club called century snooker out in kelkheim... which looks pretty cool. Can anyone vouch for it's quality, or it's existence at the very least!! Or even better does anyone know any clubs in Frankfurt itself. There are plenty of Pool places around i know...but i'ver a hankering for some slightly more sophisticated cue sports !!

Posted

There is a place opposite the Panorama Bad in Bornheim that is quite good.

I have only played pool there a couple of times, but I am pretty sure they have snooker tables too.

Posted

Thanks you Ben!!! He might believe it now you have said it but he didn't believe me when I said you could play snooker there. Men!!!

Posted

:unsure: ...(ahem!)...In my defence...(make yourself comfy!!!)...there is quite a difference between a pool club with a couple of snooker tables and a proper snooker club, proper snooker clubs are normally a bit more celubrious, in a pool hall the snooker tables are often pretty shoddy and you normally have to negotiate pinpall machines and one armed bandits in order to get a decent cueing... having said that i haven't checked this place out yet so i'll reserve judgement and check it out very soon..!!! :D

oh and yeah, cheers ben (and muffin) for the info :D

Posted

Just like there is a difference in a handbag from Luis Vuitton and one from Peacocks???

I see :P

...(ahem!)...In my defence...(make yourself comfy!!!)...there is quite a difference between a pool club with a couple of snooker tables and a proper snooker club, proper snooker clubs are normally a bit more celubrious, in a pool hall the snooker tables are often pretty shoddy and you normally have to negotiate pinpall machines and one armed bandits in order to get a decent cueing... having said that i haven't checked this place out yet so i'll reserve judgement and check it out very soon..!!!

oh and yeah, cheers ben (and muffin) for the info

Posted

Just like there is a difference in a handbag from Luis Vuitton and one from Peacocks???

I see

EXactly !!! well something like that anyway :lol:

tho mum swears by peacocks!! :huh:

Posted

So far here i've seen little evidence of any Snooker Clubs. I know the game's never really taken off here in Germany. Today I found some info tho about a club called century snooker out in kelkheim... which looks pretty cool. Can anyone vouch for it's quality, or it's existence at the very least!! Or even better does anyone know any clubs in Frankfurt itself. There are plenty of Pool places around i know...but i'ver a hankering for some slightly more sophisticated cue sports !!

i have been to said snooker club in kelkheim and can confirm its existance and quality, it is run by an ex pat from london and a german fellow. they have tried hard to recreate the right atmosphere and i think they have done a good job, though im not so keen on the jazz music.

Posted

Are there any enthusiastic and good pool players around? I don't care if it's 8-ball or 9-ball, even snooker, I'm desperate for a decent opponent.

Also looking for a pool club with nice tables and passable cues.

Posted

i'll gladly join you for a game of pool, though, being american, i've never played snooker before. i may not be good (don't know what your standards are), but i'm certainly no slouch.

as for a good club, i have no idea.

Posted

hello! i just wanted to check in to see if you guys still play? I have never played snooker before but i'm not slouch in pool to say the least..

i'd be willing to meet up!

Posted

should we try and meet up sometime this week(end)? my calendar is pretty wide open this week.

Posted

this weekend would be great, Saturday afternoon maybe? were we going to be playing snooker or just pool? i'm up for anything really.. i've never played snooker but will be willing to play!

-Fred

Posted

i've never played snooker either, so no worries there. saturday afternoon should be ok for me. do you know of any good places?

Posted

Good to see a snooker/pool thread. I'm very keen to play some decent pool again - it has been a while. I used to play snooker too but got lazy... I could be coaxed back to the big table again, though. I'm in Wiesbaden, so Bornheim is a bit far away for me. Is anyone keen/know a decent pool hall in or near Wiesbaden?

Posted

I still haven't found a decent english pool table in Frankfurt but i have found American Pool in Offenbach - Not sure about the name but i may be going tonight so i can let you know.

Posted

The place is called 'Profil' i believe, i'm going tonight so i will note the address down for you guys. For a work thing, a few of us turn up every Monday night.

Posted

Billard Bistro Profil

Ludwigstr. 139

D 63067 Offenbach am Main

069 15611336

Location information for "Profil" in Offenbach, the nearest S-Bahn stop is Ledermuseum, the walk takes aroun 2/3 minutes.

Posted

Looking for snooker partner in Frankfurt. I'm not very good...highest break 33 :-D

Posted

A few years ago, I was on the same flight from Glasgow-Berlin as Stephen Hendry. He was "tooled up" with his cue, didn't realise snooker had any popularity in Germany.