Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Unlocking mobile phones in Berlin

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anyone know where to go in Berlin to have a mobile phone unlocked?

Posted

What type of phone is it?

Can you not use an online generator to do it yourself?

Posted

It's a motorola v500 locked to Orange UK.

I can't use an online generator because it needs to be connected to a computer with a usb cable and I don't have a usb cable for it.

And it doesn't seem to be as easy to unlock yourself as a Nokia for example...

Posted

Orange service especially Nokias with Orange are difficult to unlock. We had three and they all have a second or maybe even third code built in that is not available on the software to unlock. In the end we paid the £35 or whatever it was and had them do it. Good luckin your endeavours though :)

Posted

Hi, I have a nokia 2610 that can't be unlocked with an online generated code. Does anybody know of a place that unlocks phones in Berlin? Preferably on the spot. Thanks

Posted

When I came to Germany I had T-mobile. I told them I was traveling and suspended my account and asked to have my phone unlocked so I could use a german sim card. They contacted the manufacturer and then They gave me a code I entered into my phone and my wing is now permanently unlocked. I don"t know if this is true of other companies but if you still have your contract from the previous country it is worth a try. Beats paying to have your phone unlocked and risking it never working again.

Posted

When I came to Germany I had T-mobile. I told them I was traveling and suspended my account and asked to have my phone unlocked so I could use a german sim card. They contacted the manufacturer and then They gave me a code I entered into my phone and my wing is now permanently unlocked. I don"t know if this is true of other companies but if you still have your contract from the previous country it is worth a try. Beats paying to have your phone unlocked and risking it never working again.

Posted

Thanks for the link. Although the 2610 is on their list, it turns out that it cannot be unlocked via the internet. I tried one of their codes anyway, but was unsuccesful. The 2610 is a ASIC11 type phone which can only be unlocked with the master code given by the original service provider or with special hardware at a shop.

Maybe I'll try calling Vodafone in Spain or just go to Mediamarkt which has cheap nokia phones for as low as 29 euros without prepaid cards or contracts.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Posted

Usually if you've had a contract with the service provider for a certain amount of time, or alternatively if you've paid a specified amount, either pay as you go or on your bill, they will provide you with your NAC number. This is the number that you need plus IMEI number of your handset to unlock it. Most mobile providers have these terms and conditions listed on their site somewhere. Usually if you ring them/email them with your name & IMEI no. they can let you know if they can send you the unlock code. I got my Vodafone Ireland handset NAC and they also had an area on their website with instructions on how use the NAC to unlock your handset, which made it really easy to do.

Posted

if you need someone to unlock your phone try down in neukolln in one off the shops that sell 2nd hand mobiles as I'm sure they need to be unlocked to sell them on

Posted

I'll try Neukoln. A friend of mine unlocked it at a shop in Kreuzberg for 15 euros when he first arrived to Berlin, but unfortunately he doesn't remember where.

thanks for all the tips.

Posted

You wont need to go to a store if you don't want, you could do it online which is much easier! These guys should be able to do it http://www.unlockscodes.com/

Posted

What about for an iPhone 4s that comes from Orange Switzerland? Any ideas that cost less than 300 Eur??

Posted

Here ya go.. - Link

Posted

Hi

Just to add, I used the unlockscodes.com website yesterday to unlock my Galaxy Ace (bought from UK locked to O2) and it managed to supply me with a valid network unlocking code.

Just my 2 cents.