German mobile voice mail

39 posts in this topic

Posted

and don´t know how to check my voice mails or credit as when I dail a number it is all in German!!!What number do you dail to check credit and voice mail?I am with t-mobile

Posted

I have T-Mobile, though my account is handled by my company. If memory serves, we switched the system language to English by dialing 3311 to get into voicemail, then 3, 2, 2, 3 and * to switch it to English. That said, if you don't speak German, how did you get the phone? If your salesperson spoke English, I would go back and get them to help you switch it.

Posted

I got a German buddy to help me set up my voice mail and figure out which buttons to press to retrieve it. Then my outgoing message says "Please leave me a message in English." This doesn't stop Vodafone from sending me spam SMS's in German though.

Do you have a co-worker or a german friend who could help you?

Posted

Clairwitch,

I don't know how to access Voicemail, as I have the feature switched off.

the T-Mobile number to check your balance and validity is freephone No. 2000

This service is only available in german.

you can however also check your balance by dialling *100# . your current balance will appear in the display shortly after you press the green or make call button.

Posted

@butterbean - You're an absolute diamond. I can finally get that poxy voicemail menu in English!!! :D

Posted

As no-one has actually put the number for Vodafone (D2) will just say that its 5500 and as someone has already said, for T-Mobile (D1) its 3311.

Posted

@ butterbean - Thank you ! like tiff have finally got it in English, although the menu 2 is not actually said, so they do not annouce you can change this.

I've been listening to that horrible German voice for 3 years !

Posted

thanks!!!

but does any one know how to check credit???help

Posted

yes!

Now - go to your room and read my original post again.

very s l o w l y.

found the answer now?!?

:D

Posted

The T-mobile box (D1) has an option for the automatic answer to be in both English and German...

Many people don't know that the T-Net Box (the voicemail box on your Telekom landline) can also be switched to English. As you might expect you do need to know German (or find someone who does) to guide you through the menus to switch it to English however. I have a guide in English to the T-Net-Box if anyone needs one...

YL6

Posted

I understand German, but even so, on the Mobile, either the Language change menu was the last thing they annouce, or they don't annouce it ! On T-Mobile to change it, you select menu 3-2-2-3, but after selecting 3-2- I got the options 1 then 3, so there was no option 2, but when you select it ! it works !

Posted

Anyone know if there's a way to check your T-Mobile landline messages away from home?

Posted

What do you mean "T-mobile landline" ? T-mobile is a mobile (cellphone) service and has no landline...

If you mean how to check your T-mobile (cellphone) mailbox from a landline then you simply dial your own number, but insert "13" after the first 4-digits. So if your number is 0171 123 4567 you dial 0171 13 123 3456. (This is also your mobile fax number, by the way). Once you start hearing your own message interrupt it with "*" then enter your PIN, followed by "*" and proceed as normal.

If you mean to check your T-Net or T-ISDN (landline) voicemail box from another (for example, but not exclusively landline) phone then you dial 08003302424. Again, once you start hearing your own message interrupt it with "*" then enter your PIN, followed by "*" and proceed as normal. These calls are free inside of Germany.

YL6

Posted

Thanks YL6, sorry ... I meant via Deutsch Telekom ...

I tried your advice ... and no luck. Are you sure about dialing 08003302424 from a phone (other than your landline)? I thought that was only do-able via your landline???

Posted

Oops! - my apologies - dial 01805 066 0033, then enter your own phone number (including area code) followed by "*" From then on it's just like being at home, except it costs 12cents/minute to dial 01805 numbers and it's free from home

YL6

Posted

:( 01805 066 0033 ... it's out of order!!! no worries, i'll be home soon!!!

Posted

Hi there

I have a pay-as-you-go T-mobile phone and cannot figure out the number I need to call to access my voicemail.. It's driving me nuts! Have looked online with little success - does anyone know what it is?!

Thanks in advance..

Posted

Well Mine (contract) & husbands prepaid is 3311, try that.

Posted

thanks for the reply. i tried that.. but with no joy! the recorded message says the number is not listed - and i should call directory enquiries.. but i don't know the number for this either! have tried all kinds of combinations. any help would be greatly appreciated. i have several messages on my voicemail and it's very frustrating.