Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mouse in restaurant

13 posts in this topic

Posted

This evening we were going for a pizza in L'Osteria (Westhafen) when we spot a mouse in the restaurant.

Needless to say I left after telling a waiter, I hope they will make sure the kitchen and storage areas are clean.

Does anybody know which Amt to alert about this? It's possible the mouse just got in from the nearby river, but it's possible there's more so the place needs an inspection.

post-20122-13792835397793_thumb.jpg

Posted

You sure he wasn't making the sauce? :D

Looks like something right out of a Disney movie!

Posted

This time of year, when doors to restaurants are often open, mice come inside. Doesn't matter where the restaurant is located. Mice don't live in rivers, so that wouldn't have anything to do with it.

I would have at least told the manager, so they can take care of it. No restaurant wants to have a mouse problem.

Posted

You would have to inform the Gesundheitsamt they should take it from there.Failing that the Gewerbe Aufsichtsamt

Posted

They need to hire some cats if it is a regular affair :rolleyes:

Posted

Moose in the restaurant would have been more fun...

post-25561-13793135087325.jpg

Posted

Had you ordered mouse au chocolat by any chance?

Posted

I doing a photography job at the Käfer Restaurant at the Alte Oper in Frankfurt. At least once a day I saw a little ouse like that in the dining room, one time it was sitting right under my purse.

The restaurant manager laughed it off and told me that all the older buildings had mice and he was just happy he was not closer to the river as that meant rats. Anyhow, tell the Gesundheitsamt, I guess.

Posted

Old buildings + open doors = mice likely to get in. Still, I can see how it's not appetizing, even if you shouldn't assume there has been any contact of mice with food. You should speak to the manager AND the =3658086"]Lebensmittelüberwachung. They will want to see that any problems of this kind are addressed.

Meanwhile, maybe you'll find some amusement in these classic scenes from Fawlty Towers:

Posted

Not just mice, wasps as well.

For example, at the on-platform coffee kiosks at Alexanderplatz Station, the cakes under the counter are crawling with the little buggers.

I have no idea how someone could work there, never mind buy a cake with the risk of getting a mouthful of stings...

Posted

Maybe I am soft, but I think a nicer way to deal with it is to tell the restaurant manager rather than immediately report them to the authorities. A mouse can get into a restaurant just because its doors are open or don't shut tightly--it doesn't necessarily mean that they are not following proper hygiene procedures in the kitchen.

Posted

... tell the restaurant manager rather than immediately report them to the authorities.

But that's not the German way - a friendly word in your ear, a polite request, pointing out something amiss that you might not have noticed? Nein! Strafanzeige! Report you to the Behoerde! Gerichtliche Massnahmen! Sofort!