Long pinky finger nails

49 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi, everyone, I am back and I have a question about something.

My boyfriend's cousin visited us from the States last week.

He seemed like a really good guy, very talkative, at times rather hyperactive.

We've both noticed that his cousin had rather long pinky finger nails.

My boyfriend and I started debating if there is a certain reason why he has long pinky finger nails.

I am thinking he might be a cocaine addict.

Of course his personal life is none of our business but he is planning to live with us in our apartment.

What do you guys say?

Posted

Welcome back, LIAB! I generally assume coke sniffer when I see a dude with long pinky nails. Can you just come out and ask him about his odd grooming habits? I think it looks weird, whatever the purpose. Ask him if he plans to paint them. ;)

Posted

Why cocaine addict? Most cocaine addicts I've met were yuppies wearing suits.

Any other unusual thing about him? Does he dress black? Long hair?

Well he has a runny nose. He does have long hair and he ties it back.

Posted

Welcome back, LIAB! I generally assume coke sniffer when I see a dude with long pinky nails. Can you just come out and ask him about his odd grooming habits? I think it looks weird, whatever the purpose. Ask him if he plans to paint them.

Thanks M!

We might actually do that.

p.s. I am not sure why I got negative points on this post? I don't have any clues about hard drugs so just wanted to ask.

Posted

Ok, LIAB, my experience is this is a lazy, cocaine user. Hell, doesn't he have a few dollar bills in his pockets. Kidding....

SO, either its a spoon, a blunt roller/cutter, a picker or has a Chinese belief.

Maybe, just ask and if he doesn't want to share... Fair enough. You have your answer.

Posted

I don´t know a thing about long finger nails, but it occurs to me that this guy (probably) wouldn´t have been daft enough to bring any drugs with him on a trans-atlantic flight.

That being the case, would he have had any chance to get hold of drugs whilst visiting LIAB?

Personally, I wouldn´t have a clue where to go to buy drugs, so do you seriously think that he did?

Posted

Junkies always know where to get drugs, no matter where they are. That is a given. It may baffle people who don't use drugs, but it shouldn't. It is how they survive.

Posted

Is he a drug addict? Quite possibly, but is his long pinky finger nail an indication of that? I'm not sure. In my opinion, it's a bit obvious, however, other signals may prove if he is or not.

As for managing to get drugs, that won't be a problem at all, they are available in every town, in every area.

I'd keep a close eye on him for a while, then you should know and can decide how to handle it.

Posted

When I lived in north China most of the men with long pinky nails had them so they could dig gold out of their nose all day. Especially true of cab drivers, who were always picking out the pollution.

I always washed my hands twice after paying/exchanging bank notes with cab drivers.

Posted

I know if you google long pinky nails you get tons of people saying it is for coke spooning. However I think it is pretty dumb to use your nail for that since there will be waste and it is bloody unconfortable to actually do it. The normal tool for the lazy is a key because we always have one around.

Plus does this guy had one long pinky nail or both? You wrote in plural in your first post. Why would you need both nails long?

P.S., It is a slow day when you are talking about long pinky nails at 10am in the morning.

Posted

I generally have long finger nails - the distal edge on some of my nails can sometimes be in excess of 15mm, the longest was once 22mm. The (main) reason is that I simply never cut my nails. They just break off when their time is due. People noticing them often ask if I play the guitar or do drugs. Neither is true.

Posted

In Confucian times Chinese men had long fingernails to display that they were scholars and eschewed manual labour.

Some of my male students, no a lot, grew their left little finger nail to about 1/2 inch. For digging and rooting I suppose. The rest of their fingernails were usually chewed and grubby.

Makes me shudder just thinking about it

Posted

If the other fingernails are bitten then I know what's going on from experience. When you want to stop biting your fingernails you have to start small, you decide not to bite one or two fingernails and if you manage to grow then it will become your trophy and you may go crazy and let ir grow actually too much.