Fiction writing group in P'berg

35 posts in this topic

Posted

I know there are other groups out there (Zehlendorf) but I thought maybe I could find some people nearby who want to work on their fiction.

Shortly:

I had some minor success in my 20s - came to Berlin - learned German and had kids and then had to get a 'real' job. A combination of those things has kept me from writing. Now the kids are teens, I speak fluent German and consider Berlin my home. So I started writing again. What I miss is having honest and open critique from other writers. So I thought about starting a group where we look at each other's fiction and each month another person is up for critique. I am open to other suggestions but this just seems like a good way to focus on not only my own writing but to become more involved again in the process of writing. I write prose in English but if anyone is interested in poetry, I have no problem with that.

So depending on how many replies I get, I will pick a time and place for us to meet informally. I am not sure how one gets something like this off the ground but it seems to make sense to first meet.

Posted

I would be interested in this. Though I feel I should stress that I am probably not in Berlin for the long-term. Still, if it's up and running before mid-Septemberish I'd very much like to be a part of it.

Adam

Posted

Hi,

I just moved to Prenzlauer Berg and am looking for a fiction group. Are you still looking for members?

Thanks,

Aimee

Posted

Adam, Aimee - how about we meet on Saturday or Sunday? Just to get to know each other.

Meredith

Posted

Count me in please :)

Posted

@ Aimee and @MrBeanz - how about Saturday at 15.00? Marietta on Stargarder 13? I am flexible with both day and time - so let's find a time when we can all meet.

And if anyone else stumbles upon this post and is interested - please join us.

Meredith

Posted

Hey there, just saw this post. Long-term-er, would love to join. Any date set for the next meetup?

Posted

I just moved to berlin to take a break from my studies and try to write. I'd love to take part. When is the next meeting?

Posted

Any news on this :-)

Posted

I have been trying to organise a meet-up for weeks now. Somehow either I am too dumb to work the Toytown forum or there is something wrong. So I will try again.

This is short notice but originally I had planned on trying to have a get to know you meeting tomorrow (Saturday) the 7th of September at Gina M. on the corner of Stargarder and Greifenhagnerstr. http://www.qype.com/place/549156-Gina-M--Berlin

at around 15.00. Can anyone make this date? The last date I tried to set - no one saw or got the message so I waited 15 minutes and then left. I will wait again tomorrow if I do not hear from anyone. I really want to get this off the ground and started. So let me know if you cannot make this time but can make another one.

Take care,

Meredith

Posted

Hey, sorry I'm just seeing this now. Did you guys already meet up? If not, I'm pretty much free any time. I'll try to check this thread more directly.

Posted

P.S. Mr. Beanz, I think we're going to make this happen, so let me know if you're interested!

Posted

HI there! My name is Narcis, 25. I have this dream of writing a book, fiction. I did write a bit, 90% in my head and 10% ideas on the paper. I think that joining a group like this will help to actually write something. Are you guys still meeting? I will be happy to have a chance to know you.

Posted

Hello everyone! It looks like we'll meet next week, day and time to be determined, at the Shakespeare and Sons bookshop. Hope to see you there! If any of you would like to come, but can't make certain dates/times, please post it here to help us find a time that works for everyone.

Posted

Cool. I'd be interested in joining. I'll keep an eye on this thread for the details of next week's meeting.

Posted

Sorry, I have been super busy this week. OK - let's try to meet this Friday. It is so difficult to find a regular meeting time so I suggest before we try to do this over Toytown that we all meet once (even if it is not the perfect time) to discuss how we can run the group and when we can meet.

Someone suggested Shakespeare and Sons on Raumerstr. 36 - so this is OK for me too. Address in link below.

http://www.shakesbooks.de/

Date: Friday - 20th of September at 16.00

Please let me know if you can make this time. If no one can - then we will try another time.

Meredith

Posted

That sounds great to me.