The Royal Baby is here!

108 posts in this topic

Posted

Right then,

Breaking news on the Beeb is that the Duchess has gone into labour and we may soon have an heir to the throne.

This is an exciting time for any of us who've been there. I bet Prince William is bricking himself as we wll do when these things happen. maybe he'll have been in ante-natal classes like I was, where you learn all that yogic "ujayii" breathing stuff which of course goes out the window when the big event happens.

When my fist was born, we were living right opposite Taxisgarten (you may know the biergarten) and she was born in Taxisklinik about 500m away. I think in the panic I drove our tiny Ford Fiesta the 500m to find another park spot.

For any of those blokes here who've never been near a labour room, they are the weirdest places on earth, where new life is being created. They have special atmospheres.

Except the atmosphere in the labour room I went into was destroyed by the most blood curdling scream I have ever heard in my life. Pure terror.

What will we name him? Given the press bumped off his grannie I think the name "Poor Bastard" will suffice.

So, birth stories and what to name the royal baby?

Off we go.

Posted

I reckon on George and he will look like Harry...!

Posted

British monarchs have had the ability to choose their own name once they ascend the throne, so it's kinda irrelevant what this sprog is called... but then, irrelevance fits fine with that family

Posted

I reckon on George and he will look like Harry...!

Nope. Harry wants Pippa's arse.

Posted

Oh, and the BBC just changed its headline from "She's a week overdue" to "she's gone into early labour"

Posted

It's a boy http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23413653 :)

Posted

Well done. I hope his family life is happier than mine is.

Surely all their money your taxes keeps them happy as clams?

Posted

a labour room, they are the weirdest places on earth, where new life is being created.

Technically the new life is created some 9 months before...

Posted

Or did Camilla get hungry with all the waiting?

Then the headline would be "Prince Charles takes horse into McDonald's".

Posted

For some real news...

The drop has finally dropped!

Pitch-Tar Drop, School of Physics, Trinity College Dublin

Posted

My thoughts exactly, ...and, as my brother-in-law once said, 'You'd think being heir to the throne, he'd bag himself a bird with bigger tits.'

post-20069-13745800848499.png

Posted

Not if he lives in Bavaria it doesn't.

I very much doubt a British Monarch will decide to live in Bavaria.

I am so proud to be British!

As am I, but I do find this coverage of it completely over the top. The most amusing for me is people putting congratulations on facebook as if anyone is going to see these messages in the royal family. This seems to be the new craze though isn't it, posting one liners on facebook as if that somehow strengthens the country or helps the family out in any way..? Baffling.

Posted

Schotte lad, put to bed for ten minutes the cynicism underlying all of it and just enjoy the moment while it lasts.

The country is FUCKED. William's RAF Squadron are about to lose their jobs to some privatised shite shower. Get lost on Welsh hills and you may have to pay dearly to be airlifted to Bangor Hospital. This evil government who noone wants is closing libraries and appeasing bankers. All that means we ought to enjoy this spectacle with open eyes and humour.

Within days it'll be back to the usual shite so we all need a break!

Bring out the bunting!

Posted

Schotte lad, put to bed for ten minutes the cynicism underlying all of it and just enjoy the moment while it lasts.

I don't particularly think it's cynicism mate. If Editor Bob wrote you a birthday card, but only showed it to me and had no intention of sending it to you that would be a bit weird as well, no?! Pretty much what the facebook drivel is like.

All that means we ought to enjoy this spectacle with open eyes and humour.

The royal family clearly have a duty. But the birth of a child shouldn't be a spectacle for anyone outside the immediate family surely, whoever they are?

Bring out the bunting!

I'd be lynched in my hood if I did that :P

Posted

Watching all that royal stuff wells me up. I am so proud to be British!

The country is FUCKED. William's RAF Squadron are about to lose their jobs to some privatised shite shower. Get lost on Welsh hills and you may have to pay dearly to be airlifted to Bangor Hospital. This evil government who noone wants is closing libraries and appeasing bankers. All that means we ought to enjoy this spectacle with open eyes and humour.

Within days it'll be back to the usual shite so we all need a break!

:huh: