Calling all metalheads...

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey everyone!!!

I have been living in Cologne for 2 years and am looking for some like minded metalheads to go to gigs/metal nights with! I have a lot of lovely friends here in cologne - but unfortunately none who share my taste in music :/

Would be really cool to hear off of anyone who may be out there :)

Jessica

Posted

I like metal a lot, but I haven't seen metal scene here since I don't know anyone into it either and I'm not intrepid enough to just go on my own.

What do you have in mind?

Posted

I'm not really a metalhead but I like metal, nothing too extreme like Deicide or Cannibal Corpse. Something along the lines of Metallica, Megadeth or Pantera is nice; Slayer is about the heaviest I'll go.

Also I haven't found any clubs that play consistent metal. I think Live Music Hall has metal some nights and also there is a metal pub around Clevischer Ring, which I see on the way to work. I'll post more info when I found out about it.

Posted

Wacken just started...unfortunately, you already missed the "Wacken firefighters" :D

Posted

Still considering heading to the Elb Rock festival at the end of the month: Slayer headlining

Posted

I just moved here from America, currently staying in Kevelaer...for a year. but my advice is to google "heavy metal festivals in Germany" or whatever city your from..thankfully we have internet.

Im a pretty big metal head myself, and mostly listen to European metal , ( Ensiferum, Moonsorrow, Finntroll, Kalmah, Heidevolk, Amon Amarth, Immortal, Mayhem, Burzum, Korpiklaanni, Tyr, Windir, ) and of course Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Metallica, SLayer, Man O War, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Lamb of God, Opeth, Black DAhlia Murder, Faceless,

and much more!

:P

a good festival to go to, thats already over with is "FortaRock" in the NL. super chill, -(Amon Amarth, Rammstein, Opeth, Airbourne, Motorhead, Enslaved, Entombed, Mastodon, Kreator, Volbeat)

not that expensive also

Posted

Hi guys! I'll be in Munich on December and I'm trying to find any good metal clubs / live shows I could attend. Any suggestions?

Posted

Don't know if its really up your street, its post-hardcore (if you have to label) but Im going to Enter Shikari in Muenster on November 13th if anyone is interested.

Its probably a bit far though isnt it? Saying that I used to go to gigs in london and that was 3 hours from Cardiff so... I've changed my mind. SORT IT OUT!!! lol

Posted

Sorry for the delayed info, the place is called Valhalla Metal Pub and it's in Mulheim; went there and was pretty good. Anyways I'm for some metal gigs; feel free to message me.

Posted

Hey I am also looking for people who speaks english and who loves metal. I am a bit old school metal and love 80's rock and heavy metal and also in trash metal scenario. I am living in wuppertal so if anybody wants to hang around and please let me know and I will happy to share my time with metal heads.

Posted

Hello guyz...I have been playing Guitar since alot of years and cover alot of Metallica, Korn, Deftones etc...I am looking to start a band if anyone is interested let me know...I am also up for going to some gigs in the area!!!