Long needle found in my wife's sleeping bag

35 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi guys,

I am sending this message because my wife found a long needle in her sleepbag and we think we have the right of a indenization for this. It scratched her leg but could be much much worse, like hiting her eye or neck.

We are living for a short time in germany, so we dont know how things works here, could somebody please advise us on this issue? Who should we contact first and talk aobout our rights in this case?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Stefan

Posted

ok, we bough on 28 /05/2013 and the occurence was on 07/06/2013... it was the first day of usage. Bought in Real markt... we have de needle and the receipt of the sleepbag.

Many thanks!

Posted

I think you should take the sleeping bag and receipt to Real and explain the situation. Did your wife need any kind of medical attention? If so, bring that with you as well. The needle could have originated at the manufacturer. So that would mean a different course of action. But I would say start with Real. Good luck.

Posted

Any half decent garment factory will run their finished product through a metal detector to ensure no broken needles are present. It is surprisingly common that broken needles end up in garments but they should be found before the product leaves the factory.

If you can show some damages (e.g. doctors bills) then you could get these reimbursed, but don't expect huge amounts of compensation.

Posted

:lol: :lol:

Its a sleeping bag from real which will probably at the most be 40€. It was most likely made in the factory that crushed the person that had sewn it together while getting a dollar a day. <_<

Posted

MLD... That is so so wrong... :angry:

Its a dollar a week!! :unsure:

Posted

We got a broken needle before in baby clothing, luckily I only stabbed myself. I dont think its all the uncommen sadly in lower range goods, now I just check everything and wash before use and havent found anything since.

Posted

MLD... That is so so wrong...

Its a dollar a week!!

I stand corrected, the dollar a day was for the folks working at the luxury brand factory :unsure:

days melt in to weeks and weeks into months and months into years and...

I'm getting old

Posted

If you're expecting millions because your coffee was hot or there was no toy surprise in your cracker jacks ... welcome to Germany where you might get a replacement toy, or in your case a band aid... but more probably just get ...

:P

:lol:

It could not be truer. This is going to make me giggle all day.

Sorry bout your luck, bro. You might get something out of it, but I would be surprised if you did.

Posted

Any half decent garment factory will run their finished product through a metal detector to ensure no broken needles are present. It is surprisingly common that broken needles end up in garments but they should be found before the product leaves the factory.

HAHAHA, that made me laugh. I have never seen a metal detector at a garment factory. High street to High end (where a dress can cost up to 8000€) there were NEVER metal detectors. There are quality controllers. Humans. Therefore, who ever check this sleeping bag - sucked. Good luck getting a refund or even an apology. They make try to blame you for not checking your purchases, or might say you put the needle there yourself.

Posted

Non-event. You can only sue for damages....if there are damages. The world is potentially a pretty lethal place. My mum was a nurse and once had to tell the relatives that a patient had died from accidentally inhaling rice pudding.

Have they stopped putting pins in packed shirts these days? Always used to be about 8 pins in a shirt.

Throw the needle away and enjoy the sunshine.

Posted

Have they stopped putting pins in packed shirts these days? Always used to be about 8 pins in a shirt.

They still put them in there. So much fun.

Posted

HAHAHA, that made me laugh. I have never seen a metal detector at a garment factory.

He probably ment A Coffee veding machine...

As JE said.. Its a non event..

I'm waiting to find a mouse head in my pot noodle..

Posted

You're not missing anything. Tastes like chicken.

Posted

or a tortoise head in your crackers?