Free Parking in the streets of Munich

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello,

I just moved to a new home, in the Neuhausen-Rotkreuzplatz area and I am wondering if there is a map somewhere where one can find out in which streets of Munich is still possible to park the car without having to pay for a ticket.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Arturo.

Posted

As far as I know there is no map where you can find that out. You will have to scout the area. I used to park close to the Nymphenburg. Try this address

205 Nymphenburger strasse

(where the Aral station is).

Posted

If you live in the area, then got apply for and get a residents parking permit to display in your car.

This allows you to park in your area for free.

Posted

without having to pay for a ticket.

It still costs (€30 per year).

Posted

OK, But still a hell of a lot cheaper than buying a ticket ever day from the machine..

Posted

http://www.muenchen.de/rathaus/Stadtverwaltung/Kreisverwaltungsreferat/Verkehr/Parkraummanagement.html -- that link has further links to detailed maps of all the Parkzonen in Munich which do include exact info on what kind of payment is expected for each street. Muenchen.de > Parken > etc...

Posted

was going to say this too when I saw the thread title .

unless the city info isnt up to date, Rotkreuzplatz and all that area west of Landshuter Allee is all free parking. That seems pretty much spot on as I know that up by gern is free as is the whole area down by the palace.

Heres the general overview map of where parking costs (and converely where is free)

http://www.muenchen.de/rathaus/dms/Home/Stadtverwaltung/Kreisverwaltungsreferat/fachspezifisch/HA-III/Dokumente/Parken/uebersicht-sektoren.pdf

Posted

As per title,

anyone knows a parking spot in Munich where I can leave my car which is:

- free

- protected from the rain/snow

- ok to leave the car there for a couple weeks, or more, without having to move it or check on it

- possibly in a rather "safe" area

- possibly in a place with easy public transportation access

the last two points are more wishes than requirements.

I have a second car which I rarely use and I would like to get it parked in a place where it won't be exposed to rain. Any parking such as something under a bridge will do, but maybe also some P+R with a roof (can I leave it there several days?) as the one in Starnberg, or stuff like that.

Much better if in Munich. Ok if outside but not too far (as in 10-15km outside, no more). If in the neighborhood from Rotkreuzplatz it would be just great!

Open to all sort of suggestion. Since the car itself is not worth much, it makes no sense spending 600€+ yearly for renting an underground parking in Munich. Still, it is an old car and doesn't like rain that much, so...

Thanks!!

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]