2013 TT American fantasy football league

593 posts in this topic

Posted

This is the 2013 TT American fantasy football league.

What is fantasy football? For a basic overview, check here: Wikipedia - Fantasy football (American).

For those interested in details on this league, the TT league is based on weekly NFL games and uses a weekly head-to-head format. There are typically 12-14 teams in our league. This is a non-keeper league which uses an auction draft, and has a 6 team, 3 week playoff at the end of the season. Specific roster and scoring rules vary slightly from year-to-year, so check the thread for any discussion of rule adjustments for this season. Draft date/location TBA.

Returning owners have priority, and it would help if they commit in the next 4 weeks.

Past league winners are:

2005 - 3 Lions

2006 - perdido

2007 - Claydog

2008 - JerseyBoy

2009 - Munich Augustiners

2010 - F. Cheese

2011 - HelterSkelter

2012 - RickMunich

post-3587-13701885367492.jpg

Posted

Returning Teams:

1. Starnberger Stürmers

New Teams (should space allow):

Hazza, are you still commisch?

Posted

Returning Teams:

1. Starnberger Stürmers

2. Munich Germaniacs

Hazza, are you still commisch?

Maybe not, but he sure is still komisch

Posted

Returning Teams:

1. Starnberger Stürmers

2. Munich Germaniacs

3. Frankfurt Risk Factors

Posted

I want to draft now!

Posted

Hold your horses. With three teams?

BTW: Go Bruins! :P

Posted

Returning Teams:

1. Starnberger Stürmers

2. Munich Germaniacs

4. FC BBX2

Posted

I'm in as well. If you want me to commish again, then I'll be happy to keep doing it.

I would suggest that in the interests of consistency, we keep the draft on the same day as previous seasons - ie the last Sunday before the season starts. This year, that's Sunday 1 September.

I'd be happy to host the draft at my place this year. It's a 5 min walk from Kieferngarten U-Bahn (which will be running properly again by then), I have a big man-cave in my basement, so we won't be competing for space with anyone else, and of course I have wifi for everyone to use. Everyone can bring their own drinks, and meat if we bbq. If the weather's crap, or people would rather not, then we could also order pizza or similar. I could also put up an out of towner or 2 at my place, if they need somewhere to stay the night - either for Saturday or Sunday night (or both, I'm flexible)

Returning Teams:

1. Starnberger Stürmers

2. Munich Germaniacs

4. FC BBX2

5. Hazza Bollah

Posted

Oh and I spoke to Joiliet Jake a couple of weeks ago, and asked him if he'd like to come back. We'll have a good internet connection and not have any external noise, so I'd be happy to have him at the draft remotely over Skype or similar.

So I'm going to put him down as our first reserve.

I'm fine with people drafting remotely, but of course the more there are, the more complicated it becomes. So I would propose that we allow a maximum of 2 people to draft remotely, and given that JJ was a long-term player and former commish, give him one of the remote drafting spots (if we have a spot open up for him).

1. Joliet Jake (remote drafting)

Also, what sort of entry fee/prize distribution should we have this year? I'd like to maintain the weekly prize, because it encourages people to keep playing properly, even if they can no longer make the play-offs.

I still owe a few players prizes from last year, because I never received bank details from them. They can either deduct their prize off this year's entry fee, or let me know their bank details (by PM) and I'll transfer the money now.

Posted

Returning Teams:

1. Starnberger Stürmers

2. Munich Germaniacs

4. FC BBX2

5. Hazza Bollah

6. Regensburg Jets

Posted

Also - if anyone has any suggestions for any scoring changes from last year, then here is the place to suggest/debate them.

Scoring from last year is here.

The only thing I would change is to give a point or two to the defence for a blocked punt/PAT/field goal.

I wish that there was more flexibility in scoring for the defence, because ideally, I'd like a points penalty for allowing TD's, rather than points scored overall, and maybe a small negative for every 1st down allowed, with a bonus for forcing a punt. FG's are a break-even, so 0 points there, and safeties are scored without the D even being on the field, so should also be a +-0.

Anyway - there's no such flexibility allowed on the ESPN site, so unfortunately we can't do any of that...

And...We always try to get a 14 team comp - it's the fairest way, because it ensures everyone plays every other team once, and once only. So the list is:

1. Starnberger Stürmers

2. Munich Germaniacs

4. FC BBX2

5. Hazza Bollah

6. Regensburg Jets

Posted

Kathleen won't be back so there will be at least be one slot open for Mr. Jake. John, who drafted for her last year told me earlier he would like to get in, but that was a while ago. I'll ask him if he's still interested. He'd be a good addition.

Posted

Returning Teams:

1. Starnberger Stürmers

2. Munich Germaniacs

4. FC BBX2

5. Hazza Bollah

6. Regensburg Jets

7. Regensburg Renegades

Posted

Any interest out there for doing the draft on a Saturday? So that would be Saturday 31st August.

Posted

I'll be down for that. Maybe get pissed, play some poker, and then spray paint Hazza's side of the backyard afterwards?

Posted

Saturday works for me too.

I guess we always did Sundays because it was easier to book a quiet room on a Sunday.

But I'd be happy to draft on Saturday afternoon, then BBQ in the evening and have a few drinks. And as I said, out of towners are welcome to crash over.

Posted

Saturday is cool with me, but I might prefer the 7th of September. We will do a poll later.

Posted

Well we usually leave somewhere in september for holliday and to escape the madness here. When does the wiezn start this year?

Posted

I don't want to rush back from Italy (only for the draft), but I can deal. Also a later draft date allows us to see how the pre-season pans out.

Posted

Season starts on 5 September (at least according to Wikipedia), so we can't do the 7th.

And no polls. It always ends in tears. Best to just set a date and leave it at that. In the last few years it's been the weekend before the season starts, and I think that's the date we should always do the draft. That way, you always know when it's on.

Posted

Yep NFL.com is stating Thursday the 5th as well.

FYI I cannot provide proxys this year.

Posted

I am all in. To hell with the family holiday.

Posted

Cool.

If the season had started the week after 7 Sept, then that would have been the date of the draft.

Biggest problem is that in Bavaria, it's school holidays until after the football season starts, and drafting in mid-July would just be too early.

Posted

I 'll say it...$1 BLoUNT. *exhales*