Playgroup for 2-year-olds in Frankfurt

45 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello All,

I'm am desperately trying to find 2 to 2.5 year olds for my son (who will be 2 at the end of June) to socialize with now. We have some younger friends, but I'm starting to feel that he also needs kids a bit older than him to learn from- how to act and react to situations. He is with me all the time as we were unable to get a spot in one of the schools here, so we are available any day of the week to meet.

If anyone falls within that age range and would want to join us for a playgroup, that would be great. We live near the center of Frankfurt and do not have a car, so it makes it tough for us to travel outside of the city.

Either message me or post if you are interested!

Posted

Hello!

I would love to be a in playgroup with two year olds! We live in Boston now but are moving to Frankfurt the end of next month, and will be leaving near Holzhausen Park in Nordend. I have three kids, 7, 5, and 2, and my older two will be at FIS so I will be looking for friends for my 2 year old to do activities with. We should definitely get together when we move!!

Amy

Posted

Hi Amymac:

We live near that park too and love the location. Contact me when you get into town and we can start a playgroup! Looking forward to meeting you and your little one!

Meredith

Posted

English speaking Playgroup for 1-3 year olds (Mini Club)

From August we have vacancies...

These playgroups take place on a bi weekly (Tuesdays and Thursdays)basis to give the children a chance to practice their mother tongue through activities like singing, dancing, storytelling, arts and crafts along with other kids and 2 native english playgroup leaders. Due to popular demand we are trying to get a Wednesday morning going as well,so if there are any mums out there who would like to have a morning off while your child develops their social skills in a friendly caring english speaking environment please get in contact by e mail info@catchup-english.de or TEL: 95158990 just leave a message with name and number and I´ll call you back asap. Located in Heddernheim very close to the mall Nordwestzentrum.

°The Mini Club is limited to 8 children

° Because of the young age of these children we have a ratio of 1 teacher/parent to every 4 children.

°The Mini Club takes place on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

from 9-12hr.

°The monthly fee is 90 EUR for 1 morning/week or 180 EUR for 2 mornings /week per month.

°Parents are required to bring own nappies /change of clothes.

°A healthy snack and drinks are included in the price.

Posted

Meredith - that sounds great!!! I am hoping to get a group of mums with kids around that age and we can do classes and activities together on a regular basis. I think it would be really fun! We arrive the last week of June, will be in touch!

Any

Posted

Will be great to hear from you when you arrive. We have a small group already formed here in Frankfurt but looking for some older kids for my son. You will be more than welcome to join my other friends here too!

See you at the end of June/beginning of July!

Meredith

Posted

We're always on the lookout for new friends with toddlers for my son (almost 22 months). I'm a stay-at-home Mom as well and really interested in having him interact with other kids his age. We live in Sachsenhausen and are available to meet up if anyone is interested.

Posted

Hi Sanorei,

Great to hear from you! We are going to have our first meetup on Tuesday 11 June around 10 am in Holzhausenpark. Let me know if you can attend or if you need help with directions getting there- it would be an Ubahn ride for you.

Meredith & Conor

Posted

Hi Meredith,

Is there any way we can change from Tue morning? Am free Wed- Fri now as Eli's tagesmutter wants to try him 2 days in a row. Sorry to be a pain! Wonder if this will fit in with Sanorei???

Janine

Posted

Janine: We won't be able to do the end of the week as we have things planned already. Maybe we could try the following week? Let me know if that would work for you.

Sanorei: Would this Tuesday still work for you? Let me know as I won't go to the park that early if we aren't set to meet anyone. :)

Have a great last few hours of the weekend! :)

Posted

Hello - We're moving on 1 July from London to Frankfurt, we have a 2yr old and a 1 yr old. I would really love to meet with you and your little ones once we get here! We'll be living in Sachsenhausen. My two currently go to nursery two days a week and will really miss it once we move, would be great to join a playgroup! Michèle

Posted

Hi Meredith,

Next week...Wed or Thu suit? Same time? Will be lovely if we can get a few together and the sun keeps shining!

Janine

Posted

Michèle: Will be happy to meet up once you arrive and "settle in" to some point. :)

Janine: Let me check my schedule, but I believe either day/both days would be fine with us as of now. Will let you know soon.

Looking forward to meeting you both!

Meredith

Posted

Super :) was at Holzhausen park for first time yesterday afternoon. Will bring a change of clothes for Eli as the water play area looks fun!

Posted

Janine: Let us try on Wednesday of next week. Thursday is not going to work for us.

let me know if that is ok.

Posted

Perfect! Shall we meet near the wooden train sometime around 10am?

Posted

Sounds great to us. See you on Wednesday around 10 by the train.

Posted

Sorry everyone, we have had a busy past few weeks. Would still like to meet up with you all. Anyone interested in the park across the bridge from Schweizer Str (under Untermainkai)? It's in the shade as I find a lot of kids' areas are in the direct sunlight which I don't like too much. We are available from 10-12pm or 3-5:30pm if that suits everyone's schedule?

Posted

Sanorei: We are watching the weather this week, but are looking to meet up at some point. Will let you know when a day is decided. We will probably go to Holzhausenpark this week around 10-10:30 to 12pm. We can then talk about heading down to the park by the river and see if that works for people too.

Both of those time schedules work for us too due to lunch and nap. :) Looking forward to meeting you at Vapianos for lunch too on Friday 28 June if you can make it. :)

Meredith

Posted

Meeting is Wednesday 26th June at 10 am at Holzhausenpark by the wooden train.

Sanorei: It is a straight UBahn ride from Sachsenhausen and then a short walk. If you can make it, I can give directions if needed.

Posted

Hi all, I am also new to Frankfurt and have so far managed to do very little apart from hanging out in Holzhausen park with my almost-2 yr old (my elder son goes to Phorms so I walk through twice a day)! It would be great if I could join you guys on Wednesday am?

Katy.

Posted

KAg: Hi and welcome to Frankfurt! We would love to meet you there on Wednesday. I'm guessing you know where the wooden train is and can find us on Wednesday at 10am since you have been to the park before. Looking forward to meeting you and your son.

Meredith

Posted

Next meetup will be on Thursday, July 4 from 10am to 12pm at Holzhausenpark.

Posted

We are aiming to make it on July 4th!

Posted

Sounds great! Looking forward to meeting you at some point. :)