Suitcase repair in Frankfurt area

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anyone know where I can get my suitcase wheels repaired anywhere in the Taunus or in Frankfurt. Actually, I'd drive to Wiesbaden or Mainz too if anyone knows of anything there.

The rubber on the wheels has split - it's happened on two medium sized cases, presumably during our last trip, no idea how!

Both cases are Samsonite, but were bought a good few years ago and I have no idea where the guarantees are, although I doubt this would be covered anyway. We want to use them in a couple of weeks, so I need to either sort it out quickly or buy new ones :(

I'm going to contact Samsonite to see if they have any repair centres near here, but I suspect that may be a very expensive option. So if anyone knows of anywhere generic, that would be great!

Posted

Let me know what you find out. I have a trolley case with the same problem: all the rubber has gone! The case itself is good so I don't want to throw it away. It's not a Samsonite, though, so not really a big deal, but if you find out anything do post it here!

Posted

I don't know of anyone specifically in the Frankfurt area, but a friend of mine had his suitcase repaired by these people. Only worth it though if you have a high-quality suitcase, as otherwise buying a new suitcase can be cheaper than the repair. They pick up your suitcase, repair it and deliver it back to you.

AFAIK you can also order parts from them, e.g. wheels and do the repair yourself.

Posted

Otherwise, according to Google, this shop on Rossmarkt in Frankfurt does repairs.

Also according to Google, there's a Samonsite repair shop in Offenbach. They're called Kudritzki, and appear to be old-school enough to not have a web presence. Their address is: Salzburger Straße 30 in 63073 Offenbach, phone number is 069 897861.

Posted

Thanks Frollein!

I headed over to the official Samsonite repair place earlier. It's in Friedrichsdorf: Hugenotten Str 73, tel: 06172 71782. They carry the wheel units which fit one case and charge 20 Euros per unit. I'm delighted!

Not sure if I'll be able to get wheels for my other case though, as unfortunately, it's not a Samsonite as I thought. It's a shame, as it's otherwise a great case, actually my favourite. I will be checking out your links Frollein.

Posted

Haven't heard of people repairing suitcases in my lifetime! Is the cost really worth it? Either way, good on you, as it's better to re-use than to chuck out and buy anew, eh?

Posted

We had a couple of samsonite suitcases repaired in Hofheim... just for future reference! http://www.wischert.de/

Posted

You might try Mister Minit or one of the other key cutting shops in shopping malls and supermarkets. Often They do suitcase repairs as well. Some shoe repair shops also do.