Making money from dog dirt

84 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok... I know that I should Lawyer-up, but I thought that I would i would entertain the TT collective first..

So, I have a sizeable piece of land that has public access along 2 sides... A Public/ Council owned footpath and also an access path to some other Land!

Many folk take their Woofingtons for walkies along these walk-ways, and the woofingtons, do their shittingtons!

Its clear that if I fence in my land, then its an OPEN-SHUT case if a Dog Dumps on my land..

I like the "open" aspect of the land, but I would like to detere the Dog owners from leaving their Dogs shit on my land.

If I put Notices up on my land that states " An Invoice of 35€ will be sent to the dogs owner for cleaning away their dog shit" What are the chances of falling Foul of some German law?

I will also inform them that I will Photograph the 2 of them in the act!

TIA!

Posted

They will unfortunately know that you don't have their addresses, so they will ignore your notices and carry on, which is a shame.

The Dog Poo Fairy poster is pretty cool, that might persuade them, less lucrative, though.

Posted

There are only 256 residents in the village... It wouldnt take much to follow them home!

I dont mind Buying the Bags and dispenser... I just dont want to deal with this shit!

Posted

Dog people are peculiar and not many are that reasonable to pick up their dog's poo.It is(was) open country and that is why they take their dog there to let them run.I wish you good luck with your signage, but consider that you are the stranger trying to change their habits. To live in a small community with so many upset neighbors does not create a friendly environment. I wish you good luck. Maybe you can put up a sign "Betreten des Rasen's ist verboten".

Posted

It was never "open country" as My place was the first Farm built in the Village...

I'm sure I would get in trouble if I walked a dog past their place and I Shat on their Ground!

Posted

You are allowed to put up a prohibition sign on your land and report any culprits to the Ordnungsamt, who will fine them. I don't think you yourself would be allowed to fine them, though.

Posted

It was never "open country" as My place was the first Farm built in the Village...

I'm sure I would get in trouble if I walked a dog past their place and I Shat on their Ground!

I understand your feelings as I do think that you are in the right,but the previous owner of the property might not have said anything, so the dog owners just do what comes naturally and do what they have been doing.

Posted

You are allowed to put up a prohibition sign on your land and report any culprits to the Ordnungsamt, who will fine them. I don't think you yourself would be allowed to fine them, though.

Although it will be a "fine"... I will simply be charging for my time and effort to clean up after their mutt!

If I report them... they get fined and the shit still remains!

Posted

Well, find out on Monday at the Ordnungsamt whether you are allowed to charge the culprits for cleaning up afer them.

Posted

I am curious how this will turn out!

Just thought I would add this - last year, when the snow finally cleared, an open field nearby turned out to have about 50 little black doggy poop bags on it - dog owners/walkers had obviously been "good" about picking up after their dogs, but were seriously lacking in terms of where to dispose of them, so just threw them into the field!

Surely, if you are going to go to the trouble of picking it up in the first place, the least you could do is to make sure it ends up in a rubbish bin?!!!

I guess you could try this:

http://www.hornoxe.com/die-rache-der-hundescheisse/

- a couple of times should be enough to warn the others!!! :D

Posted

Sounds like you're going to be whistling in the wind there SP, we have a similar situation, whereby we live opposite a relatively small patch of grass/earth which 'because it is too small' cannot be classified as a park, and therefore is subject to no more stringent policing than a couple of fat Ordnungsamters occasionally walking past to check dog owners. It is basically a dog toilet, there is shit covering every square metre of ground - we actually sent a letter to the city's Büro für Anregungen, Beschwerden und Chancengleichheit a few days ago, and yesterday got a reply telling us that basically they are not going to do anything, even going so far as to claim that because this 'park' (it is a park really) only counts as a part of the street and therefore cannot be signposted to inform dog owners about the basic social nicety of picking up their dogs faeces after them.

Good luck with your crusade against the offending hounds anyway.

Posted

I am curious how this will turn out!

Just thought I would add this - last year, when the snow finally cleared, an open field nearby turned out to have about 50 little black doggy poop bags on it - dog owners/walkers had obviously been "good" about picking up after their dogs, but were seriously lacking in terms of where to dispose of them, so just threw them into the field!

Surely, if you are going to go to the trouble of picking it up in the first place, the least you could do is to make sure it ends up in a rubbish bin?!!!

I guess you could try this:

http://www.hornoxe.com/die-rache-der-hundescheisse/

That's a phenomenon I have observed over and over, too, robinson. Quite often these kind of dog owners even hang the poo bags in the branches of bushes. Quite unsightly.

I'm a dog owner myself and pick up my dog's poo with the little bags the community provides free of charge. Unhappily the communities don't provide enough bins to dispose of these bags, though, so I can understand the frustration of these dog owners sometimes.

This year the dog tax has been increased to 120 Euros in my community. In many communities it's even more expensive. Surely, with all those many dogs you see everywhere the communities are making quite some money out of us dog owners. So in addition to providing the free poo bags I would also like to see more bins, please.

Posted

An Invoice of 35€ will be sent to the dogs owner for cleaning away their dog shit

I would enjoying seeing how you detail that income on your tax form. :)

Posted

I am sure that the council would do anything for me either..

BUT, This is private property that people are allowing their Shit machines to empty themselves!

I will be financing the signs, and just wanted to know the legalities of photographing the offenders and the gaurdian...

Reckoning on about 30 Dogs in the Village, tops!! so although I will piss off a few who get "fined", I dontthink it will take long for the word to get around!

I am legally responsible to keep the footpath clear of snow... but whats the dogshit rugulations?

Posted

If there are only 3 dogs in the village, have you considered just having a friendly chat with their owners?

Posted

I'm a dog owner myself and pick up my dog's poo with the little bags the community provides free of charge.

I'm interested to know which community you're living in? As you can see i'm also in NRW, and it seems the people in my particular city have yet to catch up with the 21st Century, in regards to the social norms of more advanced countries.

Posted

I am legally responsible to keep the footpath clear of snow... but whats the dogshit rugulations?

The regulations are that dog owners are obliged to pick up and dispose of their dogs poo, Spider.

Posted

I'm interested to know which community you're living in? As you can see i'm also in NRW, and it seems the people in my particular city have yet to catch up with the 21st Century, in regards to the social norms of more advanced countries.

I live in Wülfrath, not all that far from Duisburg, actually. I collect my free poo bags from the Bürgerbüro.

Posted

If there are only 3 dogs in the village, have you considered just having a friendly chat with their owners?

Sorry, thats a Typo.. I reckon approx 30...

Posted

Might not even always be dog shit....cats don't always bury theirs like many people assume.

Posted

Spider, you don't want to get your neighbour's backs up so soon after moving in, leave that till later on :)

There's a green patch opposite the building I live in, you might remember it, and last year, someone put up a simple sign saying that it wasn't a place for dogs to defecate. As far as I can see, the local dog owners have respected that and I haven't seen anything there since.

You could put up a notice saying that you have no problem with people walking their dogs around there, but if the dog does it's business, you would expect the owner to remove it, especially as children will be playing in the area in future.

Posted

here's a sign I posted ages ago on the funny pic thread with a little bit of humour that might work.

post-578-13623002224352.jpg