Student accommodation in Hamburg

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello,

I must say housing in Hamburg has remain a major challenge for me. I already booked my flight for Monday 4th of march and still I have no idea on where to stay even on my arrival.

I am curently on the waiting list for student accommodation but it appears i wont be getting a room till May. I have tried on getting a room in shared flat but most site av seen r in german.

I will be glad if anyone here can link me for accommodation within 250 Euro a month. And also information on the best temporary accommodation i can secure immediatly i arrive in Hamburg.

I would also be thankful if you can send me mobil contact for quicker connect.

Adedeji Adekunle

adedejiam@gmail.com

+2348035538852

Posted

You could try the Generator Hostel which is clean and cheap although with your budget likely you'll be in a dormitory.

The other option would be CouchSurfing, but ensure you create a complete profile with photo and post your request in the correct group eg Couch wanted and not the General Hamburg group.

Good Luck. M.

Posted

If you book a bed in a hostel online for a few days, sometimes you can get a cheaper price. I booked for a week when I came and then looked for an apartment after arriving.

250/month is really low. If that includes bills too, you're probably not going to find anything that is actually in Hamburg. I can remember seeing some places for that price last year, but they were out in the boonies. Actual student housing is cheap enough, but shared apartments are more.

Posted

thanks guys. I already got a place at the temporary student accommodation. It cost 305EURO for the whole of march. This will buy me more time to look for cheaper once. Thanks all

Posted

It cost 305EURO for the whole of march. This will buy me more time to look for cheaper once. Thanks all

Can you stay longer than just a month? AFAIK 305€/month is relatively good for Hamburg...

I really think you need to re-evaluate your budget.

Posted

Can you stay longer than just a month? AFAIK 305€/month is relatively good for Hamburg...

I really think you need to re-evaluate your budget.

Student housing seems to be a different situation than just renting a place. I looked into it a bit because I'm going to be a student and the prices really were that low. For me personally, I'd rather pay 100-150 more and avoid sharing a kitchen and toilet with a dozen other people, but the option is there for students who really want/need to save.

Posted

Have you checked here : http://www.wg-gesucht.de/en/

Posted

@engelchen. I can only stay a month. For that one month i will look arround to see if i could get something arround 300euro a month.