Change counting machines in Hamburg

17 posts in this topic

Posted

Got about 30e in loose change and my bank (deutche bank) doesnt seems to have one. Postbank said "No way!", tried a nearby Haspa and they told me I had to make an appointment first or some shit like that.

Is there somewhere I can go and get my change converted "bang" just like that, no questions asked?

Posted

The two different Sparkasse banks I've had an account with in two different cities had coin counting machines and that's one of the reason why I bank with Sparkasse as opposed to other banks. You may want to ask your Deutshe Bank to see if they have a recommendation as to where to take your coins to get counted.

Posted

30€ is not loads you could use that up in a few shops, the supermarkets are always glad of shrapnel.

or else ask your local Deutsche Bank if they have a branch with a counting machine. my own directed me to one that did.

Posted

I haven't been there, but apparently the Landesbank (Hamburg state bank, so to speak) has a machine.

Posted

30€ is not loads you could use that up in a few shops, the supermarkets are always glad of shrapnel.

Thats a great idea! Im sure Aldi's would love it if I tried to buy 30$ of groceries with a bunch of f**king nickels and dimes!

Posted

how often do you shop, take a handful of coins with you each time you shop they will soon be gone, we do it all the time they are glad of the change.

or give it all to a street beggar.

simples.

shame there is not a machine you can get into that will 'upgrade' you into something else...

Posted

Actually, most supermarket cashiers are only too happy to take your "Kleingeld".

"Wollen Sie meine Kleingeld?"

Usually elicits a smile and a "Jah!".

Posted

Thats a great idea! Im sure Aldi's would love it if I tried to buy 30$ of groceries with a bunch of f**king nickels and dimes!

How you pay is probably the least of their problems when you walk in.

I can't believe anyone is actually asking how to get rid of 30 euros!

Posted

I heard that you can change it at the offices of the deutsche bundesbank, Willy-Brandt-Straße 73 (u rödingsmarkt) for free.

Let me know if it worked, I have a bunch of coins too.

Posted

You can transfer coins to a Commerzbank accoung at the ATM, there's a special container where you just pour the coins in and the ATM does the rest.

I don't know if Deutsche Bank offers this though, might be worth checking out

Posted

The Hamburg U/S Bahn ticket machines are quite useful too...

Posted

Marktkauf also has self-service tillpoints which accept coins

Posted

Got about 30e in loose change and my bank (deutche bank) doesnt seems to have one. Postbank said "No way!", tried a nearby Haspa and they told me I had to make an appointment first or some shit like that.

Is there somewhere I can go and get my change converted "bang" just like that, no questions asked?

How loose is the change? If it´s 1 cent coins..you´re in trouble if you go to a supermarket. The pensioners behind you won´t have the time to wait for you.

Posted

The pensioners behind you won´t have the time to wait for you.

Not my problem. Besides it is usually the pensioners behind me that knock me over in a mad dash when Kasse 4 opens at Aldi; and then somehow they are first inline instead of 9th.