233 posts in this topic

Posted

It has been a while since one was planned & since I'm single again I figure what the hell.

SO, Saturday the 2nd of March at Zu Dir Oder Zu Mir in P'berg at Lychener Straße 15. I plan on getting there around 9, we can always migrate somewhere else later in the evening.

As with the last one I planned, I would like to keep it more about meeting others in a similar situation than about meeting the love of your life (or the love of your night for that matter).

Last one I planned, ages ranged from 20-45+, we had an even mix of men and women, and as far as I know nobody was groped :D .

Reply here or private message me if you plan on going, I need to know how big of an area to fight for. As with the last one I planned, I will post my phone number closer to the event so people can contact me if they are having trouble finding us.

Please don't combine with the old thread its too difficult to scroll through 7 pages of old posts to try & get an accurate count.

Posted

3 confirmed, 10 maybes. As I said its not strictly a 'singles' event, so even couples are welcome. I only call it a singles event so nobody frowns upon 2 people who hit it off flirting with each other. I've been questioned as to why I was excluding couples.

Posted

so its in a bar thats called my place or yours, on a street that sounds like if it was translated it would be "Leech street" and borderman says "i too am coming" and so is "rocketpayload" planning to be there.....but i to am single but hate smokey bars. enjoy gents and ....and and....and .....and ok maybe some bossy berlin lady who knows what she wants, she will be the one with latex and a hammer and some nails and a block of wood????

Posted

Well if you read the initial post its not actually about dating. In fact I know a couple that is going to be there, she is Chinese he is German. I only call it a "singles" event because I was attending 1 group meet-up that a few people got dropped from when they started flirting with each other & I think if 2 single people hit it off then its OK to flirt. Borderman sounds like English isn't his first language, and I've met rocketpayload, if you read her profile the name makes sense. If you think it sounds seedy I have some advice for you...don't go, see problem solved.

Posted

just a light hearted observation, i would not read to deeply into it, a sense of humor helps, also its fine to flirt, it dont sound great being dropped from meet ups because your flirting,(your out of the group adolf and eva) i hope a lot of sexual tension is released.

Posted

Didn't you ever watch There's Something About Mary? You're supposed to do that BEFORE you go out.

Posted

"Adolf and Eva?" Seriously? Is that supposed to be funny?

Posted

Relax he's Irish, whatever he says I'm sure there's Whiskey involved. (see emz THATS how you make a NON-offensive stereotype)

Posted

its worth a watch, its 8 out of 10 cats a comedy show, thanks for the advice about the tension release, regarding my joke rocketpayload, i thought it was extreme to be asked to leave another group because of flirting, so eva and adolf up the mountains flirting and then if they where asked to leave the "party" is funny, but if you watch the youtube clip above it has a funny german panelist who deals with german war jokes etc anyway iam out strike 3. have a great night

Posted

"Adolf and Eva?" Seriously? Is that supposed to be funny?

I laughed.

Might pop by the bar on saturday for some groping.

Posted

Yeeesh, are the T-town trolls finished?

Just for the record,

1) my mother tongue is considered a version of English, albeit a peculiar version I don't recon yaall quite git, less you been out wandering the 'Merican prairie much, anyway I've just lived here too long and forget sometimes where to type my 'too's.

2) If I may say, basing humor on a even a thread of reality is a general rule of thumb, as Lychener has nothing whatsoever to do with leeches, not unlike the relevance of Hitler and Eva. But you should keep trying. Nazi jokes are great, especially from an Irishman (love the irony;), and yes, some of them are quite funny. Many of them even. Especially ones you have to explain to people. That always helps a joke, I hear.

4) I like smokey bars (Oh Oh, I got one!--how about the one about how Hitler too was a non-smoker--hilarious!)

5) if the Lynchenerstrasse is too dodgy for you, you should probably stay home, climb in bed and pull the blanky over your head to keep the boogie man away. The boogie man is everywhere. Be afraid.(my concern was whether Lychener is too upper-end, but I figured "what the heck, just cause some of them do weird things like paint and/or wallpaper the walls all nice doesn't make em all bad. P'bergers are people,too.")

To recap, it is my opinion that you negative Nancys can stay home like usual, typing myriad and witty nazi quips on the interweb to your hearts content. The rest of us, the one that are totally put off by the jerky comments on this thread, are gonna go do this crazy and awkward for some thing called meeting people and talking to them in person, a thing that humans used to be real good at, but we somehow confused along the way. Thanks.

Posted

Allright kids...don't make me come i there! This is an international community everyone will see things different, just be toleant of others points of view.

Posted

way way way off the mark borderman, but i cant explain myself because that would ruin the whole joke, very far from been a nancy, not a member of the nancy party,great to see that you smoke, do you wear a skate board wrapped around your arse and tied with a bit of string for underpants, have you been to ireland, would you like a tour of some bars in dublin,smoking ban in effect...i am not slagging what people say, but the whole context of the posts, i dont have a smart phone or a facebook page,so interweb this (adolf and eva where in love), sorry is this post to late for you, are you in bed???? street name sounds like sounds like....you will see me in pberg and mitte, green trousers, arran jumper, tweed cap, bottle of whiskey, pipe blowing bubbles and copy of "DUBLINERS" in hand telling BEHAN to catch up and finish his kebab....defo out.

Posted

OK Back on subject this is tonight. I will be there roughly around 9. If you're going & have trouble finding us my number 0171-581-1910.

Hope to see some FRIENDLY faces.

Posted

royaltreatmentmassage and the posse have a great night, i may walk by and look in the window, maybe me and borderman will hit it off.

Posted

Interesting evening, had several cancellations due to it being a smoking bar. SO I am open to suggestions for next week but would like to keep it in the P'Berg, Warschauer Str, Alexander Platz area so its more centrally located and easier for people to show up.

Posted

So, I'm trying to make this a weekly thing.

Cafe am Meer was suggested as a non-smoking location because at least 3 people canceled because the last was a smokers bar. I guess I will have to alternate between smoking & non-smoking until it is warm enough to sit outside at biergartens.

SO Bergmannstraße 95 10961 Berlin. I work until 10:30pm so if I can get a volunteer to show up around 9pm to begin fighting for tables that would be great. No holds barred, singles, couples whatever-just be tolerant of others please!