Wine & Cheese Night

212 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi there,

I have recently become interested in learning more about wine and was wondering if anyone else sharing an interest in wine would be interested in a weekly meet up. It doesn't have to be anything formal... Just some people getting together each week to drink wine and learn more about types of wines and wine pairings. I am no expert, but I have taken a course on wine and food pairings and would love to learn more about the topic.

Let me know if you might be interested so we can work on finding a time and place for the meet up.

Thanks!

Posted

I'm up for that. It'd be nice perhaps to focus on one region or type of wine for a while. In the past I've found that I liked this or that but it was always very scattered. BTW, there's a good, long list of people in Munich who have ticked "wine" as one of their interests on TT over here: http://www.toytowngermany.com/xtra/interests/?interest=105

Posted

This sounds interesting. Will there be fruit as well?

Posted

So I would like to suggest a date now that 3-4 people seem to be interested in the idea. How does Thursday March 14 at 8pm sound? (sorry it has to be so late but my boyfriend has exams now and so I need to wait until after his exams end before I invite people over). We could have the meetup at my place, although its kind of small. So I would have to cap the first group to 6 additional people.

I like the idea of focusing on wines from a particular region, so maybe we could start with French wines? I have a couple friends from France so I can ask one of them to get some ideas on a few good bottles we could start out with. I will also look into getting a book or maybe some print outs online to help. :)

For the first meetup, I could provide the wine as well as a selection of cheeses, bread, and fruit. We could organize it one of two ways: either we switch off hosting and someone is always in charge of providing food and wine. Or I continue to host the meetups, and everyone chips in 3-4 euros each week. Let me know what you guys think would work best. :)

Posted

Hi,

I am new to Toytown and these are the kind of events I would be interested in.

If it is okay with you then I think it would be great to have the event at a regular place and of course chipping in would be no problem, I think that's only fair!

Thanks.

Posted

On the 14th & French wines works for me. Either switching or having it a regular place (plus chipping in) sounds fine too. We should award a prize for the best description of a wine *not in your native tongue" haha.

Posted

Ok great! So the date will be set for March 14th and the topic will be French wines. I have purchased a book in English on Amazon to help us get started.

As I can only accommodate 8 people (including myself and my boyfriend), I would ask you all to please write "yes" by your name to confirm if you are able to make it for the first meetup. If you cannot make it, then please add a "no" by your name so we can open up the spot to someone else. Also, please be sure to include if you will be bringing a guest :)

1. Kelsey +1: yes

2. rawluxgems +1:

3. @rno:

4. HBav:

5. sarabyrd:

I think after the first meeting we can decide if we want to continue to have the meetups at my apartment or somewhere else. I will ask everyone to chip in for the first meeting until we organize a plan.

Looking forward to it!

Kelsey

Posted

Ok great! So the date will be set for March 14th and the topic will be French wines. I have purchased a book in English on Amazon to help us get started.

As I can only accommodate 8 people (including myself and my boyfriend), I would ask you all to please write "yes" by your name to confirm if you are able to make it for the first meetup. If you cannot make it, then please add a "no" by your name so we can open up the spot to someone else. Also, please be sure to include if you will be bringing a guest :)

2. rawluxgems +1:

3. @rno:

4. HBav: yes (I'm flying to London between 11-13, so as long as there are no problems with the flights, I will be there!)

5. sarabyrd:

I think after the first meeting we can decide if we want to continue to have the meetups at my apartment or somewhere else. I will ask everyone to chip in for the first meeting until we organize a plan.

Looking forward to it!

Kelsey

Posted

2. rawluxgems +1:

3. @rno: yes

4. HBav: yes (I'm flying to London between 11-13, so as long as there are no problems with the flights, I will be there!)

5. sarabyrd +1

Looking forward to it.

cheers,

Arno

Posted

That sounds like a great idea! I would love to join the first meeting if that is still possible?

Posted

Hi Dutchy23,

There is definitely still space available if you would like to join. I have added your name to the list.

1. Kelsey +1

2. @rno

3. HBav

4. sarabyrd +1

5. Dutchy23

We still have one space open... who wants it? :)

Posted

I would love to join you!

1. Kelsey +1

2. @rno

3. HBav

4. sarabyrd +1

5. Dutchy23

6. DerCoco

Posted

OK so here is the new list. I have 2 friends who may be interested in joining... but I will still leave 1-2 spaces open in case there are any more Toytown people who would like to come :)

1. Kelsey +1 (possible 2 more)

2. @rno

3. HBav

4. Dutchy23

5. DerCoco

Posted

Hi, me and my boyfriend would love to join you. Since he is not a membmer of TT, I put my name and +1. We look forward to meeting you.

2. @rno

3. HBav

4. Dutchy23

5. DerCoco

6. AnaMT +1 (RenatoF)

Posted

:P sounds super! Interested

Posted

Guys,

I am so sorry but I have a family emergency back in London so I am flying out tomorrow morning, a week ahead of schedule (but I have still kept my return flight on the 13th).

I am hoping to be back in time but at the moment I think it's better that I take my name off the list.

I would be grateful if you could still send me the address when it is confirmed and if possible I will contact you on next Thursday morning to see if you still can squeeze me in (sorry for the short notice)!

Again sorry to everyone.

Kind regards.

Posted

Ok so here is the new list:

2. @rno

3. Dutchy23

4. DerCoco

5. AnaMT +1 (RenatoF)

6. xinyin

HBav, I will definitely send you the address in case you are still able to make it.

Please let me know if any more plans have changed. Otherwise, I will send everyone on the list my address via PM this weekend. Just for planning purposes, I live in Neuhausen not far from the Rotkreuzplatz station on the U1.

Looking forward to it! :)

Posted

Since your tasting French wines might I suggest you contact Caves Du Midi to either purchase your wines or talk to the owner, Jonathan Franks.

The shop specializes in French wines. Very easy to get to via public transportation, near U3/U6, Münchner Freiheit.

http://www.cavesdumidi.de/

I just went to a small wine tasting there and it was very informative. The owner is British and very helpful. He might even speak at your tasting. I really dont know about that but its worth asking. Have fun.

Posted

This sounds great keekee! I would love to join but am away on business next week - but I will watch out for the next date and hopefully will be able to join you!

Have fun! There is nothing better than wine and cheese... :-)