Which Satellite Receiver with Festplatte?

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello, due to a bit of belt-tightening I am going to ditch my Sky Deutschland subscription. Can anyone recommend a good HD receiver with a hard disk for the German free to air channels? My current Sky receiver does not have a hard disk. Thanks in advance.

Posted

You could just buy a budget receiver with USB record funtion...

I dont think that the make is too important,...

Are you wanting the HD+ channels?

Posted

Hi SpiderPig, for the English channels I have a Humax HD receiver with hard drive. Basically I am wanting the same for the free to air German channels. If the HD + channels are for free then yes I would like them.

Posted

The HD+ channels cost about 50€ a year!

What Humax box do you have? A UK freesat?

Posted

I can recommend a Technisat receiver. We've had ours for >8 years - this thing runs (and records) just about every day and we've never had any problem with it. We have a satellite with a twin LNB to pick up the UK freesat channels. Technisat is a bit pricey but everyone I know that has it is happy with it and like I said for an appliance that's been running for 8 years without a hitch, we really can't complain.

Posted

Hi Erika, many thanks for that. I will take a look at those. Cheers.

Posted

If you have a second feed from the dish (or a second dish) for the German channels you can use a DisECq switch (20€ or so) to switch them into the Humax Freesat box then programme the receiver to add them in "non Freesat" mode. If you watch a lot of German TV then it's not the most convenient to switch between Freesat and non-Freesat, but some software modifications make life a lot easier by actually adding them to the Freesat lists. The main downside is you won't have a full 7 day EPG for the German content, which means you can only record on a timer, rather than selecting a programme from the EPG. Many mainstream channels are in HD too.

Posted

Hi YorkshireLad6, thanks for the suggestion. It is probably a little out of my scope technical-wise but I may look into the DisECq switch anyway just to see what it's all about. Cheers from a fellow Tyke.