DEVK - Insurance firm

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Has anyone else had experience with these crooks? We sent them a letter to cancel house insurance about a year ago, and yesterday they took out 60 Euros from our bank account for, guess what? Yep, house insurance.

Posted

You can contact the bank and demand the debiting to be canceled within 6 weeks. But rather make sure the insurance company received and accepted your termination of the contract - otherwise you will be liable for the fees for the cancelation.

Posted

Has DEVK sent you a confirmation last year? If not it's possible they haven't received your letter.

Posted

Chocky: do you still have a copy of your letter? It´s possible you cancelled after the time you would have been allowed to eg at least three months before the end of the contract year eg: your policy started on 1st August 2008 and you sent the cancellation letter on 4th June - they would have rejected your cancellation..though they should have at least answered your letter. Did they?

Posted

Chocky: do you still have a copy of your letter?

Nope, we haven't had a chance to do anything about it today, will keep you up to speed.

Posted

Did you send the letter via recorded delivery? If not, you should always do so in the future when it comes to canceling contracts. I learned this the hard way.

Posted

Sometimes people send their cancellation letters to the agent they bought it from instead of to the company´s Head Office. The letters can conveniently get lost...

Posted

Has anyone else had experience with these crooks?

Not entirely sure it's a good idea to bandy the word "crooks" around in public until the full facts are known...

Posted

Not entirely sure it's a good idea to bandy the word "crooks" around in public until the full facts are known...

Aren't all insurance companies 'crooks' to some extent? ;)

Posted

Chocky i had them for my car insurance. Cancelled by registered post received a letter from them accepting it no problems with them.

Posted

Aren't all insurance companies 'crooks' to some extent?

All businesses have their crook element, that´s true. It´s not a bad idea to have legal insurance/Rechtschutzversicherung, which can help in a dispute with an insurance company.

On the other hand, there are some dodgy clients out there, too...eg: I didn´t use my health insurance last year. Can I have ALL my money back? I´ve seen it all, believe me!!! :)

But there may be a simple explanation, Chocky. It MAY be a mistake ( yours or theirs ). Keep us informed.

Posted

Every insurance- telephone- electricity- whatever - provider will send you a confirmation if you have cancelled a contract. And if you don't get that letter within 3 weeks -contact them.

Posted

Chocky...

Why dont you call them and tell them that you cancelled the insurance...

Afterall, you have moved in the last year so the property that they are insuring isnt the one you live in!