Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fluid German in Toytown?

12 posts in this topic

Posted

I think that is not nice at all...when someone write an English job placement "ad" in Toytown, looking for people who speak FLUID GERMAN!!!

Most of the people looking for a job in this place is because our german is not that good, so we have to look it in English!!!

Honestly if I would speak FLUID GERMAN...then I would NOT look for a Job in DEUTSCHLAND in this place!!! I would look it in a GERMAN NEWSPAPER!!! :blink:

Posted

My use and interpretation of German vocab, grammar and pronunciation can be consider very fluid indeed.

It's not that it's not nice.

Just rookie errors.

Posted

/sarcasm on

Wow, the cheek of them!!!

Expecting people living in Germany to speak German - I am truly disgusted...

/sarcasm off

Most of the people looking for a job in this place is because our german is not that good, so we have to look it in English!!!

Speak for yourself, a lot of English native speakers here in this forum looking for work speak fluid German

Honestly if I would speak FLUID GERMAN...then I would NOT look for a Job in DEUTSCHLAND in this place!!! I would look it in a GERMAN NEWSPAPER!!!

That's your prerogative, as a fluent German speaker, I find some of the jobs on offer here quite good (my problem is mostly that it's the other qualifications (or lack of) holding me back, but hey, c'est la vie...

Posted

I think that is not nice at all...when someone write an English job placement "ad" in Toytown, looking for people who speak FLUID GERMAN!!!

Honestly if I would speak FLUID GERMAN...then I would NOT look for a Job in DEUTSCHLAND in this place!!! I would look it in a GERMAN NEWSPAPER!!!

You wouldnt have any German cousins on here by chance?

Posted

I found a job in a German newspaper that requires fluent English AND German. As I speak both I presume that I am überflüssig.

Sarabyrd, you make me overflow with mirth. :lol:

Posted

sorryyyyyyyyyyy!!! :P

Posted

aahahaha... obviously was so upset that I did a terrible mistake! fluid ...instead of fluent! I feel so ashamed! Next time before I'll post a message,I'll check it. before.

Sorry people.

Honey, your post is like a "Where is Waldo?" picture. "Fluid" is just the kickoff...

I would suggest you lurk some before posting a rant again.

And just for good measure, use "search".

Posted

I remember when I used to be überflüssig.

Ah the memories.