Organizing a flash mob

28 posts in this topic

Posted

Harlem Shake? Biggest one yet? Wanna be a part? My Idea is worth 30 seconds of filming for hopefully one of the biggest harlem shake flash mob videos online. What I had in mind once people start responding to this post is to make a rally time at Odeansplatz to make sure we are all going to be in sync as we enter marienplatz. Things we need: More advertisement for participants while still being discreet, 1 large speaker to blast Baauer - Harlem Shake, Funky costumes, a good video camera (mine is ok but I think this video deserves better) and lots lots lots of people! Basically If your familiar with the videos trending on youtube this is what will happen, we meet at odensplatz and slowly move toward marienplatz surrounding it from all angles on the side streets, one person runs into the middle starts the pre drop dance..while the dance is going everyone in costumes and so on is rushing in as the music builds ,, then every one goes dancing crazy on the drop.. feel free to add ideas!

Posted

If you wanna idea or are not familiar with the harlem shake..here is the video but id like to do this on a scale wayyyyy bigger!

Posted

When are you thinking of doing it? Im in - plus partner , if we are still in Munich then.

Posted

I don't know what the Harlem shake is (and can't watch videos from this machine), but I work right around the corner from Odeonsplatz, and would show up.

Posted

Id like to do it fairly soon but depends on how fast we can get a large group of people...I will make flyers..being discreet not giving out much info and see if we can pull in more so far we have about 8 participants ...if the number doesn't increase dramatically ..probably just call it off

Posted

Isn't there a discussion forum for people to use when they're trying to get people together for flash mobs? I'm sure I came across one before when I was trying to find out if anyone did flash mobs in Germany.

...if the number doesn't increase dramatically ..probably just call it off

At least it's one that you could pull off with a smaller number. There's a youtube video of one in Dusseldorf Hauptbahnhof where they tried to do a freeze the moment one. There were really few people doing it from the looks of it though so it wasn't obvious what they were doing and I'm fairly sure they just caused annoyance by stopping abruptly and getting in people's way and never made it as far as people realising what was actually happening. :D

Posted

Just a thought - know anyone at a dance school, they might be keen to shake their thang... Or language schools - lots of young/ish people who may be keen to meet others , join in the fun etc.

Posted

Ha! Nice.. but were doing this! :D

Posted

I'm in and will bring 3 of my friends. I can pull more people, but I need to have an idea when you plan to do this. Weekend, weekday, afternoon, evening?

Posted

im def. in for the Harlem Shake.

Posted

Dont know it- but Im in!! Ive been wanting to do one of these for a long time now. Hope it doesnt coincide with my work hours... Ill do my best! There will be a rehearsal, correct?

Posted

Here is the Haarlem Shake (City in Holland)

Another one which claims to be the biggest, this time in Leeuwaarden

Posted

University of Texas

Posted

Corcaigh, if you're thinking of the flashmob I'm thinking of... Advice to the OP: keep your large speaker/ghetto blaster well under wraps until the very second you start off and do not carefully and slowly unwrap it and set it up many minutes beforehand, giving the cops loads of time to see you, stroll over and forbid you to play any amplified music. Having to sing your soundtrack while dancing will definitely impair the effect.

You'd think it would have been obvious, wouldn't you.