LAPD manhunt

67 posts in this topic

Posted

I just talked with my grandmother about this. I thought about posting something then forgot again...

It is a really weird story. He already killed 2 people, but not the ones on the hitlist the guys daughter and her fiance.

A fucking nutter...

Posted

It is pretty nuts all of it. An interesting side fact I read today was that the LAPD is re-opening the probe. Not justifying the fecker, just saying I read that today.

Posted

They're getting serious, they are offeringa million dollar reward for arrest and conviction. But I doubt there will be a conviction, just a body when all is said and done.

Posted

I read the manfesto friday and it had moments of sincerity that were tainted by anger. As for the LAPD I read a quote that was just as chilling.

The worst addiction in the world? Power.

Posted

It is unfortunately true...

Posted

I'd go with the most powerful addiction in the world is power. :blink:

Posted

and the morbid part about this whole thing is, movie producers are following this like ambulance chasing lawyers. Sad.

Posted

movie was already made - The Gauntlet - though Hollywood does love to recycle.

special thanks to fuzzytony for the topic edit; I actually did spell it right originally, but then Ed Bob said "all your thread titles will have no less than three words"

Posted

Reward is now up to 1 million dollars. I might go looking for this bastard myself.

Posted

the LAPD have gone trigger happy shooting up two cars so far that looked like the suspect's car

Look, people are on high alert against the police, not Dorner.

post-14005-13606139601657_thumb.jpg

Posted

Yikes. I guess they think he is in San Diego now? Hope this motherfecker doesn't decide to visit the Bay Area.

Posted

Has he called Charlie Sheen yet?

Posted

Son Fuenfling says that Dorner won't be taken alive, if the LAPD can help it. Shooting those two women in a truck and claiming they thought they'd found Dorner is an outrage. They want to protect the department from the charges he laid. Certainly he's a miserable man and has caused terrible pain to others, but he may have been wrongly discharged.

I think he won't be taken alive because he's already killed himself.

Posted

Yeah I dont think he will be taken alive , and he knows that. The LAPD is going to kill him, and that makes him more dangerous. Old country saying "Most dangerous thing is a cornered rat". I hope he rediscovers the love for life and disappears, and leaves people alone. Sadly it seems his job was his life and that was taken away.

Posted

This guy has coldly gone on a killing and ambush spree, and the justification is from years ago. Not being a cop, but knowing how easy it is for someone to blow you away like he did might make your job no fun when everything you do must be wrong trying to get the guy. Why didn't he stay in the Navy as he had this career after he was in LAPD. A previous girlfriend questioned his attitude before leaving the LAPD.

Most of us have had bad work experiences and crap bosses but don't go blow innocent people away deliberately.

I know the streets he killed the cop and the mountains and freeways. This guy must be amazingly prepared or possibly have help.

Being black on the police forces in southern ca is not always a picnic as per friends, but way better than 20 years ago. Being a police officer is tough regardless. I don't think they will try and kill him as the world is watching, however I could see this guy forcing the issue with suicide by cop.

It could be he was very much telling the truth at the time, but several years to set up revenge to kill innocent people is not the norm. I feel sorry for him as he may have flipped, but he is no hero.

:

Posted

There was a possible sighting of him in a sporting goods store in Torrance a few days ago. He was purchasing SCUBA gear (so he could swim to Hamburg, Germany).

ABC News - Feb. 12, 2013: The dragnet for Christopher Dorner has gone international as police raided a Mexican hotel overnight and are looking into possible surveillance footage of the accused cop killer purchasing SCUBA gear at a California sporting goods store. A man who looks similar to Dorner is seen in footage, reportedly from the Sports Chalet in Torrance, Calif., on Feb. 1, purchasing and refilling air tanks days before his string of alleged killings began. The 33-year-old fugitive former LAPD cop was assigned to a naval undersea warfare unit while serving in the Navy.

Personally, I don't think it was actually him in that store.

Posted

Slightly off-topic, I've always wondered if reward money counts as taxable income or is tax-free?

If the latter, it may be actually worth going after the guy... :)

Posted

This smacks of a Hoolywood film script that got leaked and enacted...Watch out for 2015 and spot the movie title...

Posted

Tweets coming in now saying there's been an exchange of gunfire between Dorner and authorities

Posted

Fox News affiliate KTTV have reported that some officers are down.