Americans or English Speaking People In Cologne

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi All,

I am looking for Americans and English speaking fellows in Koln to socialize with and hang out sometimes. I am learning German as well, but you know t's taking me a while just to be able to speak daily things. I am also wondering if there are any visual designers out there, especially web related. I would love to gather a group and meet up regularly. Thanks!

Posted

American here, studying about an hour train ride from Koln. I'll be here for half a year & I'd love to meet up! :)

Posted

Have a look at the TNDC (Thursday Night Drinks Cologne) meetups:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/112910645421162/?fref=ts

you get sent an invitation on facebook. It circulates between a few locations every week. It's intended as a meet up for English speakers - both native and not. It's a great way to meet people!

Posted

Hey Amy,

I am in Berlin for ten days but let's do something outdoorsish when back. please reach me at elatro@gmail.com. ttyl!

Posted

Hey guys,

I'm an American living in Ehrenfeld, Cologne. I'm in the same boat as the OP. I've been here for about a month while my working papers are in process. I'm still in the very early stages of being able to speak German. I could definitely use some socialization with English speakers because not having a job is boring me to death.

David

Posted

Hey Guys,

Also in Cologne/Ehrenfeld..looking to socialize.

Thanks for the link pandabaer!

Posted

Hey all,

Also reasonably new in town. From Scotland and living in Cologne until further notice.

Would love some English Speaking company too.

Laura :)

Posted

Paul here. Age 61 though!! Live in Bergheim and would be up for a meet too

Posted

Hey everyone!

I'm moving to Ehrenfeld on March 29th from NYC. I'm also in the beginning stages of learning German as well. It would be great to meet up with some English speakers to smooth the transition period. :)

Sincerely,

Shawna

Posted

To all you people in Ehrenfeld... I am a kiwi and I have been living in Ehrenfeld for 3 months or so I know no german and would love to meet some english speaking people. If interested pm me and maybe we could get a group together to go for a beer in and around the neighborhood

Posted

New York city here... but ive been living in Cologne for over 2 years now... Would be nice to meet some more Americans round these parts.

Anyone can drop me a line on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/thewineberrysti

Posted

Been in Cologne about 1 year, finally signed up for Toytown. German is still terrible...

Anyway, I can vouch a bit for the Thursday meet up. I've only been 2x but I had a good time.

I'll throw out Joe's bar as well. Gone to catch a Cubs games this past summer. Was just a small group of people, and unfortunately the American food they serve I find rather terrible, but we still had a good time. Find a sporting event on their schedule http://www.joe-champs.de/11/ and might be a good excuse to have some beers and eat terrible wings.

Posted

Hi guys

if anybody is interested in cultural exchange ;) feel free to contact me.

We could hook up for a beer or sth and I can show you some good places in Ehrenfeld

I'm from Ehrenfeld, german, 32 and I traveled a lot to the US

Nick

Posted

I'm in Cologne as well; Canadian actually - got placed here by some strange twist of fate LOL....

Posted

Hey everyone, I'm new in town too!

Moved here for a long plan, 7 - 10 years, so would be great to meet up with new friends in Koeln or around..

I speak fluent English and German.. So fell free to contact me and count me in for any coming events! :)

Posted

Hey Everyone,

We too americans are meeting tomorrow at 11am for coffee in Koln. If anyone wants to join please send me an email. elatro@gmail.com

Posted

Hi there,

My boyfriend and I just moved to Düren and would love to go for a drink or two in Köln and meet new people. The Thursday drink event won't work for us, anyone interested to start a Saturday do once a month?

Tata,

Isblom

Posted

Another kiwi. I've only been in town for a week.

Waiting for my visa to come through.

Keen for a beer and some good banter!

Posted

American attending medical school here...would be great to meet up for a break from the grind ;-)

Posted

Hi also living in Ehrenfeld, from Scotland originally. Would be great to meet up with some English speakers.

Aimee

Posted

Hiya All!

I came across this message here on the forum and thought you might be kind enough to help...

My name is Aby, I'm from Leeds, United kingdom... I'm visiting Cologne next week (Mon 15th, Tues 16th and Wed 17th July) as I have a job interview on Tuesday morning but after this I'll be free the rest of the time. I thought I'd try and contact a few people as I don't have a clue about anything and don't know anyone at all in Cologne. I was hoping that you might be able to recommend a few places I could see, visit, maybe some nice bars or restaurants whilst I'm over in Cologne... Ideally, I'd love to meet up with a few people for a drink if possible and hopefully make some new friends, for when I move to Cologne next month :)

You can message me via Facebook if it's easier: https://www.facebook.com/abykhan01

Thank you so much for any suggestions you might have, I'm an absolute newbie to Cologne so any advice is more than welcome!

Kindest regards,

Aby

Posted

Hello!

I also moved to Ehrenfeld a couple of months ago and would love to meet up for a beer or two! :)

Posted

Nice to see English speakers from all kinds of places in the NRW.

I'm originally from Chicago, but I moved to Germany in August 2012 to a little town called Hattingen. It's about an hour away from Koln.

We'll be out and about for summer vacation, but I'd love to maybe hookup sometime in September with some of you.

Take care and have a great summer.

Denise