English-speaking board game night in Cologne

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey everyone,

I know there was some talk about having a regular meet-up for board games in Cologne last year, but as far as I know nothing ever came of it.

I thought I'd try to breathe some life back into the idea and see who's interested and still around.

It'd be great to get a group of people together on a semi-regular basis (once or twice a month) to play board games / card games. This would be open to anyone - total beginners and the uninitiated are welcome!

Once I have a better idea of the interest levels, we can get the details sorted out – when to play, how often, where, etc., but for now, the easiest way to get started would be for you to post your availability here and list what games you have, if any! Also helpful would be the part of the city in which you live, so we can find a fairly central location.

In my case, that would be:

Availability: weekdays after 19.00 / weekends anytime

Games I own: Settlers of Catan; Boomtown; Cards Against Humanity; King of Tokyo; A Game of Thrones; Spartacus - Blood and Treachery; Risk; Munchin Booty; Mage Knight; Talisman; Werewolf

My location: Media park

I guess that’s it for now.

Cheers!

Romain

Posted

Availability: weekdays monday and friday after 18h / weekends anytime

Games I own: Carcassonne + all expansions, El Grande, The Mississippi queen, Space Mission, Uskoci (but in German), and many Spiel des Jahers that I can't remember right now

My location: Sülz

Posted

hey there,

would love to join this as well. I am pretty available, and residing in Nippes. cheers.

Posted

Availability: weekdays after 19.00 / weekends anytime

Games I own: none - and have heard of maybe one of those listed above - so i'd say i'd be a beginner - i hope having to explain is okay!

My location: Barbarossaplatz

Posted

I can host a game in Koln if that makes things easier

Posted

Ok, since everyone seems to be fine with weekdays, how about we try a Monday evening? With carnival upon us, the coming Monday is probably not going to work, but how does the one after that sound (the 18th)?

I'm happy to host the first one at my place. Two options:

1) We meet up for a quick dinner somewhere nearby first, get to know each other over some food, and then head to my place right afterwards.

2) We meet directly at my place around 19.00, order some pizza, and start playing right away.

I'll have drinks and snacks for later as well.

For our first game, I'd suggest we start with something simple like Settlers - the rules are straight forward and it's a lot of fun. What do you think? We can also switch to something else later on if the group is up for something different.

Finally, could the three of you PM me your private email addresses? It'd make things easier to coordinate, along with any last minute changes or updates.

Cheers,

Romain

Posted

Hello,

Would one more mess up the board-game constellation? Also I'm an absolute beginner.

I'd be happy to join though if that's all right.

Cheers

Posted

Not a problem at all, you're very welcome to join!

Having more than 4 people just means we would switch to a different game, since not all of them work with more than 3-4 players.

Cheers,

Romain

Posted

Hey, I just read your PM, and I would definetely be interested in this, but I have no board games with me besides a standard several-game pack (chess, checkers, etc.) and an Uno deck. I have played several basic games like risk, monopoly, clue and the like and I also used to play Dungeons and Dragons when I was kid.

I'm available practically always and I live in Mülheim. Let me know if you need to fill a spot! :ph34r:

Posted

I live in Cologne as well.

Actually I used to play Settlers of Catan with my friends in Canada back in 2011 and have nobody to do so here. I also have Risk and Monopoly but I'm afraid that I have to brush up on my rules since .

If anybody is organizing this once again, let me know :-).

Posted

Hello everyone! I'm moving to Koln on March 27! I still don't know what are the best dates for me to play, but probably it will be everynight :o ! If you are playing I would be glad to join you! Cheers from Brazil!

Posted

Hi everyone,

sorry for being a bit MIA these past few weeks.

Unfortunately, our first session didn't work out due to multiple cancellations, but I'd be happy to try this again after the Easter holidays. I've messaged the new people who've posted in this thread (J0ker, Mario Rogue, Nobody87), and I'll be sending an email round early next with some tentative dates and times.

hope to get this ball rolling again!

Posted

I've messaged the new people who've posted in this thread (J0ker, Mario Rogue, Nobody87)

Hey, I'm sending you a PM straight away. I would also like to add my cousin to the fray, he's 35 and living with me currently. I have the feeling this makes too many people for a board games night (I'd say the ideal would be a pair number, up to 10), so we wouldn't mind be backups.

Posted

Hi there! My name is Julian, and my wife and I would also be really keen to get in on some board game action!.. We`re currently living in the Cologne Suelz area, but are happy to travel! Cluedo is a fave, but we`re also really interested to know what else is out there! (one can only handle so much "Colonel Mustard in the library with the lead pipe").. If you think there would still be space for a couple more we`d love to come along sometime.. Just let me know :)

Posted

Is this still going on?

Posted

Hi there,

My boyfriend and I recently moved to Düren, and would be up for fri/sat game nights in the area. Traveling to Köln is no problem :)

We can bring:

7 wonders + leaders

Smallworld

Carcassonne + some expensions

Ticket to ride (Europe + exp, Asia)

Munchkin bites + 1st exp

Absolute balderdash

Chinese chequers

Best,

Isblom

Posted

Is this still going on?

I have the feeling that it never took off to being with. :ph34r:

Posted

Hey everyone,

I would like to ask the same...is this still on? And if not, is anyone interested in starting a new board game night group in Cologne with my boyfriend and me? :D

I'd love to hear from anyone interested in having some fun playing board games with us :)

Posted

I'd be interested in a game night :) I live in Nippes area. Maybe I can even drag my boyfriend along.