Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How many cows

32 posts in this topic

Posted

Based upon there being 6 billion exactly. I worked it out, see if you can guess,

Posted

Anus or no anus?

Aw, who am I kidding - of course anus!

And I think it's seven billion, btw. People, not anuses. (Well, both, really.)

Posted

sounds like a question for: http://what-if.xkcd.com/

Previous questions answered include:

"From what height would you need to drop a steak for it to be cooked when it hit the ground?"

“If you carry a penny in your coin tray, how long would it take for that penny to cost you more than a cent in extra gas?”

and:

"In Armageddon, a NASA guy comments that a plan to shoot a laser at the asteroid is like “shooting a b.b. gun at a freight train.” What would it take to stop an out-of-control freight train using only b.b. guns?"

Posted

This many? http://cyriak.co.uk/blog/?p=44

Posted

timezoner beat me to it. What percentage of the burger isn't cow meat?

The meat in kilos is 770,925.1101

How much does a cow weigh?

I'm retracting my first statement because Wiki says a Bigmac is made from 100% beef.

Posted

Yes 7 million sorry.

nice vid boots i want a cow drumset now.

My figure is based on the rather fanciful notion that big macs are made only from actual mooing meat. Whether or not the source I read about how much meat is on a cow included bums or other treats I aint sure.

one big mac has .2 lbs of meat.

one cow has 568 lbs of meat

therefore each cow can make 2840 big macs

7000000000 people

dividied by 2840

2,464,788.73 cows

Posted

What percentage of the burger isn't cow meat?

I'm retracting my first statement because Wiki says a Bigmac is made from 100% beef.

Yes, but most don't know the 'true' definition of 'beef' (many parts of the cow)...and that this so-called 'beef' only has to be 88% (the rest is filler of many sorts) according to the USDA. post-133917-13590585986832.gif

Posted

Can the filler be from other animals or just crap like oatmeal, etc.?

All minced meat forever has used every part of said animal. Nothing new there.

Posted

I hate to disappoint the McDonalds bashers out there, but, there is no filler (non-meat product) - anymore - in McDonalds beef.

Now, let's not mince (yuk, yuk) words. A lot of what goes into McDonalds beef may not be what you would eat if you bought it from a butcher, but it's wasteful to NOT use the entire animal. I personally have no problem eating anything except nervous system parts, on health grounds; and perhaps hair and bones, which humans don't digest well.

Posted

I hate to disappoint the McDonalds bashers out there, but, there is no filler (non-meat product) - anymore - in McDonalds beef.

post-133917-13590612764826.jpg

Posted

Now, let's not mince (yuk, yuk) words. A lot of what goes into McDonalds beef may not be what you would eat if you bought it from a butcher, but it's wasteful to NOT use the entire animal. I personally have no problem eating anything except nervous system parts, on health grounds; and perhaps hair and bones, which humans don't digest well.

Including excrement given out by the frightened animal on its way to slaughter, assuming of course it is completely dead during processing?

I refer the reader to anything by Michael Pollan.

Posted

...but it's wasteful to NOT use the entire animal. I personally have no problem eating anything...

Enjoy your McAnus...

Posted

I digress, I like my steak well done (not English ) my brother on the other hand loves it bloody,his stake when asked was ..wipe it's arse and clean it's teeth :rolleyes:

Posted

Enjoy your McAnus...

I guarantee that you are eating MUCH, MUCH worse than anus on a regular basis, without knowing about it.

Posted

I guarantee that you are eating MUCH, MUCH worse than anus on a regular basis, without knowing about it.

Guarantee? Puhleeze! Now go eat your Crappy Meal...

BTW, at least you know what you're eating, right?

post-133917-13590643985519.jpg post-133917-13590644103659.jpg post-133917-13590644179822.jpg

I stay out of McD's, but my Wife does enjoy my McJohnson...

Posted

Yup, guarantee.

If you eat store bought food, you are by definition consuming bits of rotten food, rodent feces, and of course carnivorous insect droppings too, not to mention the (highly toxic) cleansing agents used in the store, and other food prep areas (such as the slaughter house, bakery, etc.).

By comparison a small amount of the anus is pretty inconsequential.

Posted

Yup, guarantee.

If you eat store bought food, you are by definition consuming bits of rotten food, rodent feces...

Sorry, but nope.

Slaughter Houses (nasty places) however, once visited will make one think twice about eating meat again...not to mention what's in McD's meat that they don't tell you about.

If you bury a Big Mac and dig it up a year later, the meat still looks close to what it did when purchased.

As for the rotten food and rodent feces, these places would be shut down. I think you have watched too much misleading, investigational programming.

Don't get me wrong. I know there are things introduced to food during processing, etc...but it's still safer than eating at McDonald's, Taco Bell, Burger King and the like.

Posted

As for the rotten food and rodent feces, these places would be shut down. I think you have watched too much misleading, investigative programming.

I think you have your head in the clouds if you really think your food is not contaminated before you purchase it. Having worked on farms, and in an abattoir one summer, I can assure you that your food is full of all kinds of stuff you don't know about.

P.S. I estimate that the wheat used to make flour is approximately 5% insect matter, and about 1% rat feces. I have no way to prove these numbers other than to tell you that when the wheat is delivered to the mill, this is the constituency of it. Having walked through more than one huge mill, I can see no reason to believe that it (insects and feces) is somehow magically removed.

P.P.S. You statement about burying a McD's burger is simply idiotic - unless you bury it in permafrost.

Posted

and in an abattoir one summer, I can assure you that your food is full of all kinds of stuff you don't know about.

Wow, a few farms and one place for one Summer. I'm impressed...not!

The preservatives put in meat bought by McD's and the like is for buying in bulk so it lasts longer...for profit.

Fillers are then put in to make that same meat stretch even farther...for profit.

They only care about money, not our health...

Store bought is far safer.

It seems you have your head in the clouds, sir.

P.P.S. You statement about burying a McD's burger is simply idiotic -

It's been done... once for 12 years...others for only a year. These weren't even buried, others were.

http://www.sickchirp...ame-for-a-year/

http://molempire.com...donalds-burger/

There are many others...please do your research, sir.

Oh, wait...

post-133917-13591038989883.png

And my advice on same thread back then...

post-133917-13591039151341.png

Posted

I estimate that the wheat used to make flour is approximately 5% insect matter, and about 1% rat feces. I have no way to prove these numbers

I guess we'll have to take your word for it then. Or not as the case may be.

Can you tell us more about these farms you worked in where rats where shitting all over the food pls, I think various agencies would be interested in getting their addresses.

Jeremy are you Roger the shrubber?