Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Do German printers have a timer attached on it?

9 posts in this topic

Posted

I heard either german printer or ink package has a timer on it and it limits the quantity you can print nevertheless there is enough ink left.

I was going to buy a new printer, but if what I heard about timer thing is true, I do not want to buy one.

If the timer is on the ink package instead on the printer, then I am thinking of ordering ink packages from abroad, and still buying a printer in Germany.

So here's my question: Anybody knows if the timer is attached on printers or ink packages?

Posted

"German" printers are produced in various countries, but generally not in Germany. "German" ink cartridges are generally also not produced in Germany. So why would *only* those printers and ink cartridges destined for sale in Germany come with this strange defect?

Or are you of the opinion that "they" can do this too? Where did you hear this story, anyway?

Posted

@OP, she might be right about that. But a few years back, the German Government enacted a new law concerning printers and noise. Since that enactment all printers in Germany become disabled after 10:00 pm and not activated until 07:00. If you should try to print something during those hours, an emergency alarm is then transmitted to the Gez and they will fine you and confiscate any electronic items in your house. They will also collect all items from any neighbor you might be tied into via the internet or any other communication. So, be careful, they are vert strict. :P

Posted

Some printer ink cartridges have chips that keep track of the ink flow, sometimes even correctly. When the cartridge indicates the ink is at a predetermined level, the printer stops printing. For those refilling their own ink cartridges that have chips, the chips must be reset.

Here are chip resetters for Canon and Epson cartridges:

http://www.inksupply.com/chipreset.cfm

Posted

@OP, she might be right about that. But a few years back, the German Government enacted a new law concerning printers and noise.

It's only funny 'cause it could be true.

Posted

Its even worse. The printer itself counts how many pages you have printed. If a certain count has been reached it will produce an error that the waste ink pad is full. Please buy a new printer.

But it isnt full and you dont need to buy a new printer.

Posted

My Terminator works with death rays. Would never buy one without.

Posted

So here's my question: Anybody knows if the timer is attached on printers or ink packages?

Kaufen für die Müllhalde

Der Tintenstrahldrucker Epson Stylus C42UX soll nach einer bestimmten Anzahl gedruckter Seiten eine Defektmeldung ausgeben, woraufhin die weitere Verwendung des Druckers verhindert wird. Diese Sperre, die durch einen speziell für diesen Zweck vorhandenen Chip verursacht werden soll, könne mit Hilfe einer speziellen Software abgeschaltet werden.