Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Family friendly nudist spots

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi TTers

After a search and reading the nudist topics on here it seems that most TTers are nudist averse so maybe we asking the wrong people, but can anybody here recommend a place for nudists in the Frankfurt area? We will be coming for a visit in June and would love to hear about either camps or resorts or even just a place by a lake where it is kid friendly.

Does anybody have any first hand experience with any places around there? We have a toddler with us so we would like to find a place that isn't adult oriented.

Posted

google "fkk frankfurt"

edit:I just did for you and there are none

wait there are 2 but it's a bit of a drive google "fkk strand hessen"mind the one in Marburg is called Hot blah blah ..mm don't know about the kids look it up yourself

or try "fkk strand bayern" which takes you south of frankfurt to Bayern

or take a weekend trip to the nordsee (I'm not fkk first hand experience but believe up there is the best for families)

Posted

Mirimar is the one of the best. They have a large indoor pool area where you wear a bathing suit until a certain time of the day and then it is FKK. The sauna section and outside areas are FKK all the time. They also have lake there, with a block sauna. Very nice surroundings. I think it is about 45 km outside of Frankfurt.

http://www.miramar-bad.de/anfahrt/

There is also an outdoor spot, near the airport, but cannot remember the name. Many of the pools here have sauna areas, where it is also FKK.

Posted

Miramar looks perfect, thanks Moondancer! That's likely where we will go. We're really feeling the winter here and are dreaming about the things we will do this summer! We wish we had some places like saunas and such to go to here in New England.

Posted

If you're just looking for a lake with a beach that has an FKK (clothes-free) area, the Raunheimer See is located not too far from the Frankfurt Airport. You have to wear clothes in the main area, but there is a separate FKK section. I've only been to the main beach, not the FKK area, but the main beach area has a kiosk that sells food and a nice playground in the grassy area above the beach. There were lots of families there when we went. The FKK area is enclosed by a fence for privacy. I don't think you can camp or stay overnight at the lake, though, so it'd just be for a day excursion.

It's worth mentioning that you have to walk a little ways (5-10 min) along a dirt path to get to the beach, so it probably wouldn't be super easy to bring a stroller, and since it's close to the airport, there are planes landing almost overhead fairly frequently. That might be a positive, if your child likes planes. It didn't really bother us, but they were pretty low! Here's a link with some more info: http://www.seen.de/seebi/seedetails/Waldsee_Raunheim.html It also lists some other nearby lakes, so you might want to look and see if any of those have FKK areas, too.

Hope that helps!

Posted

My company firewall seems to think FKK is too naughty for me... so I can't post a link. But Google "Ponderosa" or "Naturistenbund Rhein-main". Naturist campground on the Rhine River about 45 mins from Fft. I think you can sign in as a visitor and they do have a 25m pool. Every Summmer they host the German nude swimming championships. I'm waiting til I turn 50 to compete in the over 50 nude breaststroke or something. I would dearly LOVE to have a third place trophy for my fireplace mantel.

Posted

I think it is about 45 km outside of Frankfurt.

More like twice that actually. About 20 minutes further on the Autobahn is also that new indoor place in Sinsheim btw. FKK sauna area is 16 and above though.

Posted

More like twice that actually.

According to the interwebs it's 73km from Frankfurt. So it's more like 1.5 times that than it is twice that...actually.

Posted

Well, it has been a while since I was at the Mirimar. Thanks for the correction on the distance.

I forgot about this place that is located right along the Nidda, sort of in between Höchst and Griesheim in the Nied forest. Interesting family oriented spot.

http://www.orplid-niddainsel.de/

Posted

Lots of great info there. We appreciate the first hand recommendations. Maybe we will see some TTers there after all!

Posted

Summer only really:

Bickenbach: http://www.nacktbaden.de/334-0-bickenbach--bergstrasse-64404-erlensee.html

Darmstadt: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grube_Prinz_von_Hessen

Posted

Lots of great info there. We appreciate the first hand recommendations. Maybe we will see some TTers there after all!

Or all of some of them!

Posted

Or all of some of them!

Haha! Nicely put.