The Big Bang Theory (TV sitcom)

60 posts in this topic

Posted

Who likes this series as I do?

The funny nerds and hot penny are going in the 6th season starting 28th of January on Pro 7.

sheldon1.jpg

Posted

Have you no shame?

probably not...

But he does have a german passport, so that entitles him to laugh at MrBean and all other non-funny programmes!

Posted

Well I have seen it in both languages due to the fact that I do have every available season on DVD.

For me it does sound funny in german as well :)

What's wrong with Mr Bean? I liked it when I was younger!

Posted

What's wrong with Mr Bean?

Its Shite!

Posted

Well, sure you are German so of course you would find it funny in German...

Now if only your GEZtapo would take that 18 euros a month and actually transmit the original sound track in the second audio channel then we might actually get something for our money. Which cost the f*ckers next to nothing to do compared with that crap dubbing!

Posted

GEZtapo is good :D

Well I do not expect anything from these channels and I do not watch them, they have trillians of Euro but just do produce shit TV expect soccer sometimes.

Pro 7 of course is an open channel.

In fact: I would prefer movies subtitled here as well due to the fact that it would maybe increase the english skills of germans.

But Sky does have multichannel!!

Posted

Mr Bean is a genuinely unpleasant nasty little idiot. You'de feel sorry for him if he wasn't so evil.

The big bang guy & girls are all likeable. Just handicapped to a greater or lesser extent. Yep Leslie too.

Posted

I love the Big Bang Theory cause I am a female nerd myself.

EDIT: Ok I have shed the nerd image, but I am a nerd at heart.

Posted

No nerd of any value would watch the Big Bang Theory dubbed. Oh the horror.

Eh, it's okay for old eps. If you have the original dialogue on your mind you can additionally laugh about the dub.

Posted

I really like The Big Bang Theory, but of course only in English. Mr.Bean has the advantage that there is no real dialogue so it's easy for foreigners to watch and laugh at it. I'l admit I did find it amusing when it first came out, but it hasn't stood the test of time. Luckily Rowan Atkinson did the Black Adder series, so all is forgiven.

Posted

Mr Bean gives "British humour" a bad name. Non-brits see it and think that is what the brits find funny.

Posted

Yeah, no matter how hard you try, you just can't really translate comedy into an other language, it just doesn't work.

I remember watching Monty Python in Gemrany with my Ex's family who speak absolutely no Englisch, thankfully it was shown in Englisch with German subtitles, well anyway, everyone was in stitches laughing, OK fair enough, it was funny, BUT they could only understand the subtitles which were pure sh*te!!!

Tried watching "The Commitments" in German once, I think I survived about 10 minutes of it before switching it off

Posted

Mr.Bean has the advantage that there is no real dialogue so it's easy for foreigners to watch and laugh at it. I'l admit I did find it amusing when it first came out, but it hasn't stood the test of time.

Some if was amusing to watch once - or twice but not on every Air Berlin flight to Ibiza etc.

Luckily Rowan Atkinson did the Black Adder series, so all is forgiven.

TBH I don't like Black Adder at all.

Mr Bean gives "British humour" a bad name. Non-brits see it and think that is what the brits find funny.

Problem is that many over here think that Mr. Bean (& Dinner-for-One) is standard British Humour & when you produce something else they are dissapointed.

Posted

A friend and I once tried introducing some Germans to Black Adder (the third, I think). It didn't go down too well - not that they hated it, but they just didn't understand what was funny about it.

Somebody in my German class recently asked me what Monty Python was like, and pretty much all I could say was "Different. Very different.", which I think sums a lot of it up.

Posted

Monty Python is fine.

I prefer "Life of Brian" and the best scene still is stoning scene!! :lol:

Posted

I spent a month at my mothers in Ireland and got to watch a lot of modern English comedy. I was just sitting there: This isn't funny. It's Benny Hillish. A lot of "funny shows" have celebrities continuously laughing to show what a great time they're having. My problem is you don't make something funny by laughing yourself, you just piss me off.

After that rant, I think Black Adder, Monty Python, and the Big Bang theory are as good as it gets.

Posted

I was just sitting there: This isn't funny.

Ah, but did you get to watch "Father Ted" ;)

Posted

Please.. For those of us which actually like watching TBBT in english and not the crappy dubbed German, S06 began back on Sept. 27th..

The season's almost over.. Once again the Germans are late to the party..

Posted

"Father Ted" doesn't really count as English. Or modern, for that matter.

I'm struggling to think of any current English (or even British) comedy that's actually funny.

Posted

Are you actually suggesting to watch this on German TV? Have you no shame?

No nerd of any value would watch the Big Bang Theory dubbed. Oh the horror.

Depending on the channel, a lot is broadcasted in German and the original language. Not on "pro 7" though. IIRC BBT runs also on TNT in English and German.

Posted

Depending on the channel, a lot is broadcasted in German and the original language. Not on "pro 7" though. IIRC BBT runs also on TNT in English and German.

I had those channels on KabelBW. I cancelled the entire TV package because half of the time some bozo forgot to turn on the English channel and was broadcasting both channels in German and I got tired of watching reruns of Golden Girls and Alf.

So yeah a lot of crap is broadcast in English and German...

Posted

What's wrong with Mr Bean? I liked it when I was younger!

I liked Atkinson in Black Adder though. I shall call you "my lord", my lord.