Ski course | 1 place remaining for TT beginner ski

45 posts in this topic

Posted

Dear All,

I am interested in learning skiing and I tried to search for ski schools.

Most of the schools I found have both private courses and group courses. Private courses are very costly (obviously).

I dont have a group for taking up the group couse hence am posting this here hoping to find someone who is interested in learning...

http://www.skischule-zugspitze.de/en/?COURSE%26%23160%3BPRICES

It costs 45euros per person for 3hrs course. (It costs 120euros for one person for 3hrs course)

Is anyone interested in taking this course? If so, kindly let me know so that we can form a group and plan for some saturday or sunday...

Thanks,

Irfan

Posted

sounds great. I've snowboarded for a couple of seasons but looking to try skiing.

count me in!

Simp

Posted

Hi Simp,

Thanks for ur reply. So if we have one more person then we can go on this Saturday.

I called that place and enquired and want to share following points:

1. we have to confirm by Thursday if we want to go on Saturday.

2. 45 euros per head for training (if it is a geoup )

3. 25 euros for renting the ski set

4. If there is no enough snow in the down hill then we might have to purchase ticket for cable car.

5. we have to be there by 8:20 so the course can start at 9:30

so hope we get one more person by Thursday...

Regards,

Irfan

Posted

Ok dokey.

I know DB do some deal where you can get a lift pass and train ticket in one.

For Garmisch, which is fairly close, its 42e for a day ski pass, and train ride.

There is a 7am train from Hauptbahnof, gets there in 1.5 hours. If they are strict on 0825 start, maybe we need an earlier train.

Booking gear in advance would be a good idea, the queue last time was bad, and it took well over an hour to get sorted.

Cheers

Posted

Hi Simpkins,

I found one more person who is interested in learning skiing...

So we can go on Saturday. If we take bayern ticket, we can go till Garmisch with it. (so its 29 euros for 5 people)

Then if they say we have to buy ticket for cable car, we can buy it there.

So i have sent you a PM with my number. Msg me or call me and confirm so that I can call the school in Garmisch and confirm.

Thanks,

Irfan

Posted

Hi

I believe it is not a good idea to learn skiing at the Zugspitze for several reasons. First the pistes are red mostly, so you would not want to try them on your first day. Second you need to buy the cable car ticket that is like 30Euros per person on top of the 40Euro ski pass & the 25Euro rental plus the ski course fee.

A better alternative would be in my opinion to go to Garmisch-classic that is at the same location basically. You can get the promotional offer from DB bahn, the Ski-express ticket that is 42 Euros per person. It includes the train roundtrip to Garmisch Hausberg trainstation, where the rental & the Hausberg cable car station is plus the daily ski pass (the ski pass alone costs otherwise prety much the same amount). Additionally you get your ski pass on the train so you don't have to wait in line to get that one.

In case you decide to go to the GC this Saturday, then I would like to join you and participate in the course as well.

Peter

Posted

Dear All,

Alternative to what has been already suggested I would like to propose a different agenda. In case there are enough people (2+) interested I would suggest we take the DB bahn ski express offer (42E) and take a 2 hour private course for 3 people in the morning (10:00-12:00, [course url], 38.33E). The rental is mostly the same ~26E.

The proposed plan has several advantages compared to the previous one. First we can take the 7:00AM direct train and get the pass on it. The course & rental can be reserved online thus minimal waiting time is expected. The course and the rental are offered by the same company that is located right next to the cable car station so this is pretty much the most convenient arrangement possible. I have seen the type of training they offer and it seemed very good. The course would take place at the Garmisc-classic venue (that has dedicated practice slopes with lifts) insted of some out of resort location and we would have the whole afternoon to practice after the course. The Hausberg cable car is free to use with the ski pass, while it is necessary to buy additional tickets for the Zugspitze (and is quite expensive).

Please let me know if you are interested.

Peter

[course url] https://gap.skischoolshop.com/en/privatkurse/#from=2013-01-25&to=2013-02-23&coupon=false&category=1409&article=57&startday=2013-01-26

Posted

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the information.

I just checked the link you posted. To be frank I have been to Garmisch just once, and this is my first try on skiing... (Last time i went was in summer)

So, if we are say 4 people then the cost for 2hrs of course is 125Euros? (i.e 31.25 per person. and 38 if we are 3 people)

and if we take the 42euros ski express DB ticket and 26 euros for renting ski set, then the total will be 100 euros per head.

I just called the Skischool which I had mentioned in the first post. He said, if we are beginners then it will be in Garmisch (not in zugspitze) and most probably we will have to buy the ticket for cable car.

so this will be 45 (course cost per head) + 25 (ski set rent) + 42 (ski express DB ticket) which adds up to 112 euros. (But this is for 3hrs of course)

So I have no issues with going to the place you mentioned... and since you say their training looked good, we can go there.

@Simpkins: Do let us know if this is alright, so that peter can book it online for this saturday.

Regards,

Irfan

Posted

Dear All,

We would like to join you as well (me and my wife).

How does it goes for the transportation? Shall we meet on saturday at Hauptbahnhof at 7am?

Posted

Hi Eboros,

Thanks for your reply. Sure you can join.

First we need to decide which school we will go and reserve it asap.

We can meet at hauptbahnhof at 6:45AM (since the train departs at 7am)

Regards,

Irfan

Posted

Dear Irfan,

I think we should go with the Skischoolshop offer. As the course starts later with this the travel is just more comfortable. If we think the 2 hours is not enough we can get 3 hours private instruction for 200Euros for 5 people, that is even lower than the other offer.

And it has the advantage that the rental & school are both located at the cable car so we can get up with the instructor once we got our gear and don't have to wait.

So my suggestion is to take this offer for 3 hours for the 5 of us (40 per person). If we decide to do this I can make the reservation so that we don't have to wait for the rental when we arrive.

Peter

https://gap.skischoolshop.com/en/privatkurse/#from=2013-01-25&to=2013-02-23&coupon=false&category=1409&article=58

Posted

Hi peter,

I am OK with it... if others confirm then plz book it for this Saturday...

I guess we are 6 people now, so it will coat us the same in both the places.

by when should we confirm to the skischoolshop?

(if we have to go to the place I said then I have to confirm them by tomorrow)

Regards,

irfan

Posted

We should reserve it tomorrow afternoon (there is a 2 day limit for the reservation). We have to pay for it during the reservation so someone will have to do this (I can volunteer). Additionally we should reserve the rental online as well, this way we get 10% discount and don't have to wait for the equipment (without it we need to fill out a sheet with the rental information and stand in a line for the payment, that takes at least 45 minutes). As long as everyone gets it individually its fine, or we can order it together as well.

As the group size is limited at 6 we cannot have more participants for the course.

Posted

Please fill out the following poll about the rental reservation: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHV5Y0szVGFGeWMtLUJDekxWRHZPdkE6MQ

Posted

I'm happy with either. I had thought the ski school might have been better as if anyone wanted more than 1 three hour lesson then the price drops. anyway I guess we should start a list so we definitely know who is coming. .

1) simpkins

2) irfan

3)

4)

5)

6)

Posted

To summarize the plan we would like to go to the Garmisch-classic ski area this Saturday. We plan to leave with the 7:00AM Ski-express train from Munchen HBF and arrive to Garmisch-Partenkirchen Hausberg train station at approximately 8:30AM. We pick up the rental equipment from the rental place next to the train station & the cable car and take the Hausberg cable car to the ski area at around 9:50AM with the instructor. The ski course takes place between 10:00 and 13:00 without breaks. Following that we can have lunch and stay at the resort until about 4:00PM so that we can catch the train back to Munich leaving at 4:55PM.

Costs:

Ski pass + train roundtrip: 42Euros

Rental: ~25Euros

Course (6 participants): ~35Euros

The course is limited to max. 6 participants

List of attendants (for the trip + ski course)

------------------

1. Peter496

2. simpkins

3. irfan

Please add your name to the list!

Posted

------------------

1. Peter496

2. Simpkins

3. Irfan

4. Amit

@Eboros: can you please confirm if you want to join.

Thanks,

Irfan

Posted

------------------

1. Peter496

2. Simpkins

3. Irfan

4. Amit

5. Eboros

6. Lina

Thanks guys! See you on saturday at 6:45am at the HBF.

Posted

What is this Toytown poll you mention?

Posted

Thanks Eboros :)

1. So we get our Ski Express ourselves (Ski pass + train ticket)

2. Peter496 will book the course for saturday for the group (Thanks Peter)

3. If everyone has filled the form posted by peter then he will also reserve the ski rentals.

(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHV5Y0szVGFGeWMtLUJDekxWRHZPdkE6MQ)

4. We meet on Saturday at 6:45AM in HBF. (Track no 28. If this is not correct then on the train track which goes to Garmisch)

Please correct me if any point is wrong.

Thanks,

Irfan