Musicians Lounge

9 posts in this topic

Posted

So lemme get this started. Im new in munich. i play guitars and sing a bit. anyway i want to jam with other guitarists or bassists or drummers or even a singer or a violinist or a pianist or all at the same time. i am not really concerned about the level of talent here. so even a "professional" bathroom singer would do the trick :P

there has got to be atleast someone.

i am generally a rock and roll person but i can appreciate good music , any genre .

Posted

Have you had any luck? I've been looking for the same thing since I moved here... most of the artsy people I know move to Berlin and the engineers stick around.

For the record I sing, play a bit of guitar and generally appreciate good music :)

Posted

Hi, did you guys ever follow this up, or are still interested in meeting and jamming with other musicians? I play guitar (for the last 13 years and in a range of styles, but definitely leaning towards the rock/blues side of things) and have lived in Munich for a year now, but have yet to jam with anyone. I would be most interested in doing so, however, so if you or any others on here are up for that let's arrange something.

Posted

<Raises hand>

Okay, I'm generally pretty shy about this kind of thing, but am also desperate for musical camaraderie so I'm down. Pencil me in for whatever, but I probably can't participate until mid-May.

Fingers crossed!

GS

P.S. @ CW1WK: sorry for rating your post -1. Totally did it by accident and can't figure out how to change it!

Posted

I'd be interested.

More important I guess is a practice area. With drumkit/amps etc a bonus.

Pat

Posted

Cool, then let's sound off on the next step.

@gswearengin: no problem (not being immediately available and the -1 rating).

@simpkins: great, and good point.

Does anyone know of any potential practice spaces? If we found a suitable locale, we could perhaps arrange a session and split the cost equally.

Suggestions?

Posted

Hello,

I know that there are practice spaces advertised on quoka.de occaisionally. I'd be down to chip in on a room for after work jam sessions in the city.

E

Posted

I would love to meet with you all...here is my website www.miriamlemnouni.com

I do a bit of songwriting and love to sing...let's all get together soon!

miriam.lemnouni@gmail.com

Posted

Hey Miriam, I like you new single! Good energy on that song and your voice comes out nicely with good tones! Would love the chance to sit and see what we can write together. I also write songs and have written a couple but always thought a woman's voice would be great to add-on to what I do. I play guitar and sing a bit too. I just moved back to Munich and am really looking for a chance to join someone to put some great songs together and play in various venues in Munich. One thing your song would really benefit from is some more cross-over vocals that are backing up your messages. Later in the song it becomes a bit too much of a single-voice song. I hear some things in the background but you need another main-voice that has a different tone to give it more depth. Just an opinion. :)

Anyway out there that might be interested in trying to find a 2-person group with me, I'd love to try it out! I think I'm looking for someone with some good vocals and a little experience with playing on stage, etc. I play guitar and sing but could use some strong vocals and a solo guitarist I think... ? Anyway, send me a message or whatever if interested!

cheers!