Formula One 2013 season (F1 motor racing)

115 posts in this topic

Posted

Less than 60 days to the start of the new season. No ugly noses (maybe), no Schumacher or Haug. Grosjean is retained, with bragging rights after his ROC win... with a few of new faces and 3 open seats.

Posted

Lotus Launched their contender yesterday, their goal in 2013: third in the Constructors Championship.

My link

McLaren will take the wraps off on the 31st.

Posted

Stepped nose again. So likely others will have the same. Oh well...

Posted

Not so fast, so far Ferrari & McLaren both have high, unstepped noses: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/21261099

Posted

We have a Dutch driver in F1 again: Van der Garde joins Caterham. It's difficult to pronounce his name for foreigners, but what the heck.

BTW- Who can still remember Jos Verstappen with all his spectacular accidents and crashes? Once his car was completely on fire during a pitstop. A miracle that nobody got seriously injured.

Posted

I remember that, he waves just before it goes up which I always thought was him anticipating the fire and trying to get the crew to back off (a couple had already legged it). If so, it's pretty ballsy.

Edit: and foreigners don't really care about pronounciation, as far as I can remember the BBC haven't managed "Vetelle" right once.

Posted

BTW- Who can still remember Jos Verstappen with all his spectacular accidents and crashes? Once his car was completely on fire during a pitstop. A miracle that nobody got seriously injured.

I was at that race, in the stadium opposite the pits, that was a bit scary! Actually Jos wasn't a bad driver, just never going to be world champ.

Posted

Not so fast, so far Ferrari & McLaren both have high, unstepped noses: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/21261099

As do Force India.

Posted

Good job they have different colour schemes. There's not a whole lot of difference between them?

Posted

Formula yawn, it make makes no difference how high the noses are and whether they're stepped. It's a waste of money, processional and attracts faggots from around the globe

Posted

About as much value as your opinion then?

Posted

Formula yawn, it make makes no difference how high the noses are and whether they're stepped. It's a waste of money, processional and attracts faggots from around the globe

Since you've posted in this thread, I presume you must be interested in the topic: does that make you a faggot?

Posted

Bernie may well be the world's greediest bastard, but good lord the man produces some incredible offspring

Posted

Those things have got to be made of silicon... :ph34r:

and yes I do watch the F1...but no idea what this nose thing means.

Posted

Agreed. Those things are unnatural, Amber. A bit like her dad.

Posted

ain't gonna argue with that...I find him kind of creepy.

Posted

I've met him twice, first time I was given a bollocking for Gerhard Berger riding on my skateboard in the pit lane, second time I was much more senior and he shook my hand. I had to count my fingers afterwards. He may be only four foot nothing, but rumour has it even The Devil shits himself when he hear's Bernard Jellystone's name ;)

Posted

McLaren did a classy opening show, parading their 50 year history, and the car looked great; Perez looked a bit out of his league and Button totally in his element... I wonder how the two will get along. Glad to see only a few ugly noses, with the best looking by far in the Red Bull, I like the new colors. Waiting now on what Lewis will be riding in the midfield.

Posted

Bernie is the Antichrist, or otherwise related to the devil (and I am not even religious) but I believe F1 would not be where it is without him.

Posted

You mean driving around circuits in the middle of nowhere with no spectators?

Posted

I'm a spectator, albeit watching the races on the goggle box with the advantage of expending relatively little money to do so and all in the comfort of my own home... and there are millions of such spectators.

Posted

Waiting now on what Lewis will be riding in the midfield.

Mercedes have announced their new car. At least it looks better than last years ugly thing!

Posted

"on Bernie"

without pretending to like him, ... in a way yes, he is a sort of neccesary evil... like his famous reference to Hitler and how he got things done (the Autobahn for example). He is ruthless and makes incredibly bad choices sometimes, like races in faraway lands just for their money, but one has to admit that he is spreading the word by doing such things and in doing so, making the F1 show bigger, which means more money for himself, but also to all involved. Nascar is big, in America, but nowhere else, F1 is a world spectacle.

Lets not forget he also hired Sid and did what he asked, making the sport safer. Besides, he will die himself soon anyways and leave us not only with a lot of expensive silicone, but also a self sustaining lifestyle sport that pushes smart and fast people to the limit.

or maybe Im wrong, and he is just evil. :ph34r:

Posted

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

He stopped being good for f1 some time ago.

Posted

Way too early to tell, but McLaren seem to have a good car, with Red Bull alongside. Mercedes other than a comfy car for Nico, look already in trouble. I wonder what Massa had to say about his F138.

Unofficial Tuesday test times from Jerez:

1. Jenson Button, McLaren, 1:18.861, 37 laps

2. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 1:19.709, 73 laps

3. Romain Grosjean, Lotus, 1:19.796, 54 laps

4. Paul di Resta, Force India, 1:20.343, 89 laps

5. Daniel Ricciardo, Toro Rosso, 1:20.401, 70 laps

6. Felipe Massa, Ferrari, 1:20.536, 64 laps

7. Nico Hulkenberg, Sauber, 1:20.699, 79 laps

8. Nico Rosberg, Mercedes, 1:20.846, 14 laps

9. Pastor Maldonado, Williams, 1:20.864, 84 laps *

10. Giedo van der Garde, Caterham, 1:21.915, 64 laps

11. Max Chilton, Marussia, 1:24.176, 29 laps