Abusive trainer at my son's judo class

87 posts in this topic

Posted

Yes, but he specializes in tax law, so he might not have known the correct answer at 10pm on Friday night. We do have Rechtsschutzversicherung. What I am wondering is do we really have to go through the whole court system or is there a quicker way to bring him to justice.

Posted

Can you get a restraining order for your son against this man? Ask the lawyer about that. Complain to the dojo again. Show them the pictures of his injuries.

Posted

I'm involved in a sport where I believe that violence against young people (or anyone for that matter) is NOT common.

Because its a sport that frequently involves young people its a concern - I have for example on my desk a brochure Gegen sexualisierte Gewalt im Sport. Its from the Deutsche Sportjugend: http://www.dsj.de.

The Bundeskinderschutzgesetz (applicable from 1st January 2012) is appropriate.

It might be worth contacting them and having a set of these brochures sent to the Judo club for open display.

Any responsible Verein / club should be wanting to clear this up rapidly - trouble might be with witnesses under pressure.

Posted

I am not sure about cort and law..

But I train martial arts for 8 years, and I saw really many clubs and teachers, and I am coach myself, and I know - that kind of behaviour of senior club member isn't acceptable and in good martial arts or sport club that guy couldn't exist.

Happy with the court (honestly, it would suprise me if you accomplish anything), and find better club for your son!

Posted

Please please pursue this.

Go see a lawyer asap, you BIL may have someone he recommends.

I would also contact the Jugendamt.

This guy is a horrid bully, and what example is he setting the kids in his class?

Also contact the club and tell them your intentions. If the bully remains there then find another club for your son.

Good luck :)

Posted

Vorstand?

Posted

A 50 year old man grabs an 11 year old kid by the neck and forces him to the floor in front of quite a few witnesses and the police want a doctors fucking note to prove it happened?

Is an assault on a 11 year old not enough to make them get off their arses and investigate it?

I'm not 1 of those people who believe kids should be pampered but fucking hell that's a joke.If you ring them up and say someone hasn't done their kehrwoche they'd be round like a shot.

of course you have to establish evidence about the extent of the in injuries. Whats the Problem?

Go to the Police Station with the doctors Report and they will take your testimony and the evidence and take it from there... But I believe that is what they have already told you... so calm down. Your lawyer relative is also right. The lawyer will prepare the civil suit and will be able to look into the progress of the state prosecutors investigation. Everything seems to be going fine...

Posted

"Vorstand" Correct. It was the first time I heard the word when we had to contact them. I obviously did not retain it well. :)

Posted

of course you have to establish evidence about the extent of the in injuries. Whats the Problem? Go to the Police Station with the doctors Report and they will take your testimony and the evidence and take it from there... But I believe that is what they have already told you... so calm down. Your lawyer relative is also right. The lawyer will prepare the civil suit and will be able to look into the progress of the state prosecutors investigation. Everything seems to be going fine...

The thing is, I think this should be a criminal suit, not civil. I just cannot imagine that they were not willing to pursue it right away when we called them. We will see what action they take tomorrow.

Posted

The thing is, I think this should be a criminal suit, not civil.

Two parallel suits. Criminal for the crime, civil for Schmerzensgeld.

Posted

I hope he gets some REAL punishment for this. This kind of thing can scar a child for life. Reminds me the post about the crazy guy attacking someone in their car. It seems you can get away with anything in Germany as long you are not pushing your bike after some beers or downloading a film.

Good luck, sue his a** off!