Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cancelling Kabel Deutschland shop order

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello,

I've just arrived in Hamburg and enrolled two days ago for a Kabel Deutschland internet/telephone offer in a dedicated Kabel Deutschland shop. I thought this would be the most wise thing to do, however, today I entered a Media Markt and Saturn shop and saw that, if you enrol over there for identically the same offer as in the KD shop, you get a MM/Saturn voucher of 100 euro!

Now I'm considering to cancel the original KD order and re-subscribing at MM. I read on the KD website that they have a 'Widerrufsrecht' of 14 days, "sofern diese nicht im Handel abgegeben wurden" ... what does the latter mean? If I enrolled in the shop, I don't have any cancellation rights?

Posted

That's correct. No cancellation rights if you signed in a shop.

Posted

Yes, that's exactly what that means. The 14-day cancellation right only applies to Internet deals and peddlers (haustürgeschäfte).

There is no general contract cooldown period in Germany.

Posted

OK thanks - My first lesson in Germany ;-) ... I'll take my loss then

Posted

There'd be no harm in going back to the Kabel DE shop, saying how thrilled you are to be a Kabel DE customer, and asking them nicely if they'd be willing to offer you some kind of bonus (a month free or something?) to make up for your missing out on the Media Markt offer. You never know unless you try :)

Posted

I tried it but it didn't work out... they claim the superior service in the KD shop vs the service in MM when I will have a problem. Well, let's hope I won't have any problem with the connection at all!

Posted

You could always go to the shop even if you signed up with MM so it's a mute point. I think there is a 30 day test period with KD anyway, you could probably cancel after it's installed and reorder again. But that would be a massive hassle for 100 euros.

Posted

I don't think that would work anyway, Hutcho - most offers like this one are tied to the condition that the customer is not already a KD customer and has not been for x months, which will not be the case if he cancels and then signs up again.

Posted

Anyway - At least KD delivered the box quite fast. However I feel that I will have to make use of their 'service' quite soon. They've delivered a WLAN modem to me, whereas I never asked for WLAN (which would be a few euros more per month). The letters they have sent me are a bit confusing: sometimes they call it a WLAN modem, sometimes a normal one. In the price overview of the contract nothing is mentioned about the wlan option... could it be that they've just made an error and sent me wrong modem? Don't know if I should wait till I get my first invoice.

Posted

They apparently send the WLAN modem to you now regardless of what you ordered. The WLAN part might be software disabled though.