Experience with Mikrozensus interview

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi. I just got an official letter in the mail from Bayerisches Landesamt für Statistik und Datenverarbeitung that I have to be home on certain date at certain time for Mikrozensus interview. It says I need to let the interviewer know in advance if I cannot be home. What is this about? Is this something I will have to oblige? I do not want to give away any personal information, nor do I want to take time off work for that purpose. Anyone had experience? I get by somehow speaking German for daily stuff but reading the whole info they sent is going to take ages and, would appreciate it very much if anyone can help before ruining my weekend trying to translate the document... Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted

You could instead just complete and send in their Mikrozensus questionnaire: https://www.statistik.bayern.de/statistik/private_haushalte/

Once chosen, you are obliged to participate.

Posted

Thanks Panda for quick help! I looked at "Mikrozensus Fragebogen 2012" in your link, all the pages had "Muster" across them. Do you know if I can just print these pages and send it to the interviewer's postal address, or is there any address where I can request the printed version?

Posted

The address where you can ask for a questionnaire should have been included in your letter.

Why not give them a call and ask?

Posted

Thanks again PandaM. I will do that then.

Posted

They chose my apartment building for that late last year. They are like dogs at a bone noone gets away without completing it, the lady sat in my house for 15 mintues entering the data on her computer, I should have just filled the form out would have been less intrusive. She was back at least 3 times on my floor over a month. I even tried to pretend that I didn't undertand her, it didn't work. They are very serious about collecting this data.

Posted

Thanks Sandgroperin... There seem to be no way to opt out then... I dont think i can handle 15 min. like that, will ask for the form then to fill and mail...

Posted

My friend had to fill in one of these today...68 pages...just to let you know :)

Posted

Are you sure that was the micro sensus? Mine was only about 10 or 15 questions mostly revolving around where you were born, what your qualifications are what you are doing working etc. and what kind of money you are making that was it. Certainly the form they left in my mail box was not 68 pages long but I never really looked at it.

Posted

From the link PandaMunich gave us, there seem to be really over 60 pages of questions. I cannot imagine going over them with a total stranger. I left a message on the answering machine of the interviewer today so he can mail the form to me. Hope it works like that...

Posted

wow maybe then my pretending not to speak Deutsch worked maybe she cut my interview down after me asking her to explain every question twice. she must have gotten sick of me and cut her losses.

Posted

It's only 180 questions, and most of them don't need to be answered by most people.