Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Language exchange meet up in the Pankow area

105 posts in this topic

Posted

I have been asked by a bar in the Pankow area to start another regular meetup on a Sunday evening or night

So I thought I would put it out there to see what sort of meetup people would want or like?

Or shall I just use the same formula as I use on my Tuesday night meetups

what do you think?

BC :)

Posted

Which bar?

(Edit: yes I know that's not the point but I'm curious. And I'd be a 'maybe' until I figure out how my commitments pan out this year, may not have the time.)

Posted

Well all I can say at the moment is its in the area of Wollankstraße S-Bahn and Pankow S/U Bahn

Where there are a lot off friendly local Germans who would like to get to have conversations in English

But it will be a weekly event so if you don't have time one week you can always come when you do have time

as I run my meetups all the same way friendly and informal with the only rule that nice people are welcomed too attend

Posted

Okay thanks Blue Cow. Count me in as a 'probable' please, my husband is interested too. I suspect we won't be free to do this until Feb at the earliest, but as you point out, it sounds like an event you can dip into, so hopefully that would be okay.

Posted

This is right up my street. Literally. :lol:

Posted

Is it non smoking? If so Im probably on for the odd sunday afternoon now and again.

Posted

yes this I believe that its a no Smoking bar with the option of going outside for a smoke so this will please some of you I guess :D

But you mention that you would like to come by in the afternoon where as I thought it would be an early evening kind of event

So what would be best please post up if you would like it to be held on Sundays in there afternoon, evenings or night

This is just to get some idea of what people want and I see what I can do

Posted

Your original post said "Sunday evening or night", either is ok for me but I dont particularly fancy the all too common drinking until the last train has left. It is a mighty walk home, so more 18:00-22:00 would suit me rather than 22:00-02:00 (make it a friday or saturday and I dont mind so much as there are all night trains).

Posted

Great! I live in Pankow. Waiting for more details.

Posted

Hey BC, great to hear another meet-up might be starting. We have quite a few people who come from Pankow to the exchange in P.Berg, so let us all know when it's going to start and we'll make sure everyone knows the details. Cheers from us at the Gaudy.

Posted

maybe this Sunday or the next I am not sure yet but before i make final decision of what time to hold it

I will need some more feed back so I can see whats best for the bar and whats best for the people that are attending

Posted

Oh and I forgot to say thank you to NT72 for the heads up in the references on sending on too this group when it starts

thanks Mr N

BC :D

Posted

Wow over 400 views so it must be of interest the meet up in Pankow for some people but not a lot of discussion of what they would like?

Or has TT lost its edge in Berlin and because not many people are attend the meet ups anymore?

Posted

I would be interested in a Sunday meet up. It is nice to have something to do on a Sunday. It should be non smoking. Start time should be early as many of us may have to work the following day.

Colin

Posted

I would also be interested in this meet up :) I hope a lot of non members who just read also attend, I was scared of making my first comment on Toytown in fear of being slated... some threads are just plain ugly...

Posted

Hey BC, I would definitely be keen, husband too, as that is much easier to get to for us. But only if it's non smoking! Oh, and late afternoon - early evening is better too... if the Tatort reviews suck, people will stick around, but if Tatort is set to be a cracker, everyone will get home in time to watch it :-)

fleen x

Posted

The Tatort is being shown on big screen there on Sundays. ;)

Posted

Right you lovely people I have spoken to the bar and they will be ready to host the 1st of many meet ups every Sunday evening

Which will be held at Café Stilbruch, Florastraße 84 (corner of Görschstraße)

S Bahn to Pankow (S2, S8, S9) or Wollankstrasse (S1, S25)

U Bahn U2 to Pankow

Tram to Pankow (M1, 50)

Bus to Görschstraße (M27, 250) or Wollankstrasse / Florastr. (255)

We will continue to meet here for the foreseeable

Everybody is welcome of all ages and backgrounds as long as you are a nice person and can find the bar and the TV show Tatort is looking boring this night :P

Now for those that don't know me yet or the group please go to the bar after 7pm and ask the bar staff where the English Stammtisch meet up people are sitting and hopefully they will point you in the right direction

We also advertise the meet up elsewhere to get a good mix of German and English speakers that attend and please do remember to get up and move around a little more as you will meet more people this way

any questions please feel free to ask

BC :D