Sewing and pattern making classes in English

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows if there are any sewing and pattern/clothes making courses in Berlin in English? I know there are some in the VHS but my German ain't up to scratch for that just yet!

Any information would be great!

Danke!

Willow : )

Posted

dont know but if you find a teacher pls tell me im very interested, I dont have a machine

Posted

Hello willow-in-berlin and jenjen,

I've never been to such courses, but I found some when I was searching for something related a while ago. There was as well another thread created a while ago, you can find it here (there are some other links in it as well).

You might want to have a look at those websites:

1) Frau Tulpe - http://www.website.frautulpe.de/naehschule-en.html > It is better to check if the prices include the fabrics/materials needed or not.

2) Nähinstitut Moritzplatz - http://www.naehinstitut.de/english/index.html

3) Linkle Stitch'n'Bitch - the website seems to have been bought by someone else (last time I checked, it looked differently), but you can check here the contact details as well as the location : http://www.exberliner.com/locations/linkle-stitch-'n-bitch-n%C3%A4hcafe/ and see if it still exists or not.

Their 2009 advertisement on this forum can also be found here.

There are most probably even more :) I think Linkle Stitch'n'Bitch used to be quite popular.

Good luck in your search.

Posted

Thanks for the responses guys!

Yes, a friend went to both the Volkshochschule and the one at Moritzplatz. He did the one at Moritzplatz in German but mentioned they might do it in English. I emailed the nice lady this evening and she also does the classes in English which is perfect! Going to give it a try next week and see!

Thanks for your help! :D

Posted

when are the english classes?

Posted

Hello, I am mexican and my english is not great but I could try to give you a course in English, including how to take measure, draw, cut, sew and finish. I am actually a visual artist and spanish teacher but tailoring is my hobby and a family tradition

Posted

Hi Angelica I am almost 9 months pregnant here but would be interested in taking a course from you.. maybe we can get together a group of people and you can give us a class and of course compensate you for your time.. I would be interested in a few months after I get settled in with the new baby.. lets keep contact and maybe get some people together...???

Posted

sure! I would be very glad, take care of yourself and all the best for you and your baby!

Posted

Hi I am interested in joining the group class too! Now I make dresses for my kid but there are many details I can't solve nicely. And I also would like to look into making new cover for a couch or other furniture.

please let me know when this group is ready to go!

Mei