Car dented due to malicious firework on Silvester

49 posts in this topic

Posted

Their Haftpflichtversicherung?

ETA

(And I agree with John that it isn't a first world problem.)

Posted

I don´t think it ´s a First World problem at all, Druid67! It´s bloody annoying when idiots do that stuff- wherever they are and whoever you are. If you know it was likely your friend´s neighbours, why not ask them? Someone was present...

Posted

Their Haftpflichtversicherung?

Possibly! However, if malicious/"criminal" intent was involved, probably not..depends. If " an accident "..then, yes. They/he/she have to be identified first, though.

Posted

20 minutes, Pas? One swine around the corner from us let off a very loud firecracker EXACTLY every 20 minutes from midnight till about 3 am New Year´s Eve/Day!!! :angry: Like Chinese water torture, that was!!!

By the way, you answered your own question well!!!

Posted

I dunno. I completely sympathize but it seems to me it could have been any number of people who did this.

Do you have a specific reason to suspect the neighbors?

Anyway shouldn't your auto's equivalent of "comprehensive coverage" deal with this for you? I don't have a car so no idea, but in the US this would definitely fall under "vandalism" and would be covered by comprehensive.

Posted

Unfortunately I live an hour away and only discovered it when I returned home... I have to deal with the typical passive aggressive German nature... I asked (due to work commitments) could you possibly ask them did they see anything? (just to let them know I am cognitive of the incident), but she (German) refused, stating, "it could be anyone..." Grrrrrrr... Sorry, but being from somewhere, were confrontation is not a problem, this attitude kills me!!!

I have visions of smashing their cars...!!!

Posted

Given the wanton lack of any thought when fireworks are let off here how do you know it's malicious?I hate the fireworks here. How can a country so obsessed with cleanliness, saftey , quiet and green have such an event? I can only assume it's their 20 minutes of complete insanity before switching back to being German?

...Absolutely!!!... Sooooo true pas.. It's like; okay lets get all our pent up angst out on our neighbors in twenty minutes, and then return to banality!!!

Fuck them!!!

Posted

Sorry all if I don't reply; I'm going out for a bloody drink (or two).... Agggggghhhhhhhh!!!

Posted

I asked (due to work commitments) could you possibly ask them did they see anything? (just to let them know I am cognitive of the incident), but she (German) refused, stating, "it could be anyone..." Grrrrrrr... Sorry, but being from somewhere, were confrontation is not a problem, this attitude kills me!!!

I have visions of smashing their cars...!!!

But it COULD have been anyone!!!

Unless you have some other reason to think it was them. Are you holding out on us?

EDIT: I'm not against you! You just seem to be taking this very personally and it's not clear why?

Posted

But it COULD have been anyone!!! Unless you have some other reason to think it was them. Are you holding out on us?

Hold out on TT'ers... Never dream of such treachery.... I am just innocently asking about acts of revenge?? (because of the strength of the metal, it had to be aimed very close, to make such a dent)

Posted

Given the wanton lack of any thought when fireworks are let off here how do you know it's malicious?

I hate the fireworks here. How can a country so obsessed with cleanliness, saftey , quiet and green have such an event? I can only assume it's their 20 minutes of complete insanity before switching back to being German?

No one knows in this case if it was malicious, Pas. True. BUT based on my observations in my life, there are a hell of a lot of people who do things maliciously and spitefully..usually either because they´re a) dumb, B) B) envious that someone has something they don´t, c) they´re malicious!

That´s one reason it´s often not safe to park a car in the street. Scratches tomorrow morning? Or leave a bike unpadlocked. Stolen? Or why many people are often afraid to leave their homes in the dark etc etc.

It´s such a shame there are so many uncivil people wandering around.

4th edit: I wanted a b )...dumb not malicious... me!!!

Posted

john that happens to me all the time. you have to put a space between the b and ) to thwart the emoticon

Posted

3 edits later..oh , thanks, lisa!!!

Edit to an edit: thanks, Lisa!!! :P There IS hope for this old dog!!!

Posted

Anyway john g, pas, lisa, thank you for your erudite thoughts... much appreciated.. I will go the soothe the angst now!

Posted

john that happens to me all the time. you have to put a space between the b and ) to thwart the emoticon

Or you use the full editor, and then open the "options" and remove the tick from "enable emoticons":

post-24869-13572404787376.jpg

Downside: you won't have any emoticons in that post.

Posted

I read about it recently that Sweden wants to ban big fireworks because a big firework unexpectedly shot off to the side and hit a 13 yo. boy in the thigh. His leg was so badly damaged it had to be amputated. This was at an organized fireworks display where I assume the fireworks were legal and the people not handling them for the first time or probably at least sober.

The neighbours were probably piss drunk, shooting up their fireworks from a tiny bottle that may have fallen over or somebody knocked over and they may even have been too drunk to even notice that it hit your car afterwards, you can't really know that it was malicious. Then again, maybe it was. The one thing you could try would be to go back to that place and ask each of the neighbours if they saw anything. Tell them what your estimate is and that you are poor. Maybe somebody saw who it was.

Posted

Given the wanton lack of any thought when fireworks are let off here how do you know it's malicious?

I hate the fireworks here. How can a country so obsessed with cleanliness, saftey , quiet and green have such an event? I can only assume it's their 20 minutes of complete insanity before switching back to being German?

It's simple actually.

If they banned fireworks, then a lot of people would simply cross over the border into eastern European countries and buy fireworks that will take your hand (or foot off), that cannot be legally sold in Germany.

If a firework like that goes off under your car, then you'll be looking at a lot more than a ding in your door.

Better to keep them legal and regulate what gets sold, than to make them illegal and lose all control...

Posted

Have any of you seen what goes down in Berlin on Silvester?

Fucking disgrace.