First time mommy and daddy Q&A

10 posts in this topic

Posted

This last year I've had several friends have babies and all have asked me this question. I think I got much of my advice from TT!

Anyhow, I'm in the market for a new diaper bag. I bought a manly, boxy rectangular bag since that was I saw on many baby carriages, but it was pretty impractical, always having to open the big, huge flap to get to it and there was not really a place for my wallet & phone. So I want a new one, but am torn between a "classic" bag or a backpack. I noticed while traveling, which we do do frequently - once a month - that easy access from the top is key for me. What do you guys use?

BTW, thanks for the advice on the ErgoBaby (among other things), which I got from TT. I use that thing every day, but don't forget the teething covers! I have two sets and switch them out regularly!

Posted

Has anyone heard of the brand of diaper bag called Okiedog? I've only been to two shopping malls so far (Singapore has 74 or so in total) and I've only seen this brand. There is a Mothercare here so I think I'll look there next.

Posted

Okiedog (from HK) is sold on the German market under the "Vital Baby" brand.

Posted

i love my skip hop bag. got it cheap off ebay.

Posted

Another Skip Hop bag fan. They are not extremely expensive, hold up well, and fit everything I need. I am so glad I didn't buy super expensive bags because I don't even use the diaper bag as much now. My kids are still under 3 but we just don't need to cart the diaper bag everywhere. It stays in the car most of the time.

Posted

I wish I had bought a diaper bag backpack. I've spent the last 3 days looking for one with no luck. So now I'm just gonna buy (albeit an expensive) one from one of the outdoor shops. I found loads of skip hops here, but it wasn't what I was looking for. I have one from Lässig, which a great tote-like diaper bag and has served me well. I guess I can use it as a gym/yoga/sauna bag when the time comes.

Posted

Hi all,

First time mom here , my LO is 6 months old and is now learning to crawl. I am always around to keep an eye on her, but accidents do happen and she fell :-( leaving a nasty bruise. I feel very bad that I wasn't around.

How can i keep an eye on her while I cook for example, especially for long periods of time. Do you have some tips for me. I was thinking ill buy another little crib for the living room where i can watch out for her while I catch up with house work.

Posted

Or get a larger playpen so she has more room to move around and play as she develops.

Posted

When my wee one was the same age I would sit him in his high chair in the kitchen and he would play with spoons etc while I was cooking. I could still interact, he was happy enough and I got things done :)

Posted

I used a portable/travel cot as playpen for him at that age cause it had wheels and I could wheel it into the kitchen. He couldn't crawl around inside it, but he kept busy playing, etc. I bought it used from somewhere here on TT and that was great! For here we bought a "real" playpen and though he can walk now, I'll still put him in it and he will sit and play or look at a book. Granted, he's doesn't sit in it for hours, maybe 30 minutes maximum, but he goes in there 2 or 3 times a day.