Supplements and Fish Oil

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi!

I'm a recent transplant to Hamburg from the US. Looking for shops that sell vitamins and fish oil tablets. I live in the Eppendorf-ish area and I'm not having much luck searching around online.

Thanks!

Posted

"Reform" is really the magic word you need in your search for vitamins/supplements.. they are not hard to find in Germany once you know to search for this word among the store section titles. Larger supermarkets may have vitamins and such. But the best luck is probably at stores like Rossman, Budni and DM which are a bit like a Walgreens or CVS without prescription services.. for that you need to go to the Apoteke, I presume? (I don't take any medications regularly).

There can be someoverlap in over the counter vitamins at the Apoteke but they are generally more expensive. My favorite winter supplement is large dosage Vitamin D capsules (1000-2000 IU). I brought plenty with me from America from a supermarket but for those doses of Vitamin D in Germany it seems you need to go to the Apoteke. I have yet to notice stores selling just supplements but they probably exist.

Posted

Thanks everyone! I found what I was looking for with a bit of awkward German and pictograms. Thanks for the help!

Posted

I found a good selection in Rossman, they have a whole selection of supplements including fish oil capsules, Budni also has some.

Posted

You can find it in Drogerie Markt (DM) as well

Posted

To be honest, I buy mine at pharmacies.

Posted

I've ordered from Kräuterhaus Sanct Bernhard several times and their prices are really good.

I'd like to second westvan's recommendation. I order from Kräuterhaus Sanct Bernhard too, I find their prices very competitive and the products really good.

Posted

You can find a good variety of vitamines and sport nutrition here

http://www.silabg.com/de

i was verry surprised by the little delivery fee :D :D