Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Professional proofreading service needed

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello all!

I was wondering if any of you could help.

A large part of my job is the creation of English language publications and for this I need the help of a professional proofreading service. Does anyone in TT have experience/contacts of local ones in Berlin or further afield that could be recommended? I should also say that I am working for an NGO so cost is an issue.

Please note: I am not looking for freelancers.

Thanks again,

S.

Posted

If he's not looking for freelancers is he offering a job or what am I missing here?

Posted

He probably doesn't know anything about the industry and thinks there are companies specializing in or otherwise offering proofreading that only have full-time employees doing the work.

Posted

Who would also charge by the hour, so I guess I do not understand the freelancer aversion.

Posted

No, I am not offering a job - just wanted to know if anyone had experience or contacts of established proofreading services in Berlin. Thanks.

Posted

So you want a professional, established proofreading service that isn't a freelancer, and you're an NGO, which means cost is a big issue.

Nope, still not getting it.

Professional, established proofreading companies will not give a single fuck that you're an NGO. A freelancer, on the other hand, has much more leeway on prices.

Posted

As a freelance proofreader (although still in the UK at the moment) I can say that I've only ever come across people like me as freelancers who charge by the hour. Never heard of a company that employs proofreaders to farm out to other companies/NGOs or whatever.

Posted

Please note: I am not looking for freelancers.

Yes you are.

Re. price: in most cases price is related to quality, so you'll have to decide which you want. You're hardly the first person who wants good quality at a low price, but few people who can offer good quality are stupid enough to do it for a low price.

Posted

Nice try. However, you may want to send the original poster a PM if you're expecting a reply, as he was last on this forum in January 2013.