The worst Christmas present, given or received

59 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm sure I've posted this somewhere, but I can't find it as a topic of its own, and since it's a Friday, and the Friday before Christmas...

Our very first Christmas after getting married, or was it the one just before we got married, I got my wife an electric bread cutter, and she got me a white button down dress shirt.

She felt like I was pinning her down as a housewife (in my defense, she had said that she wanted one, and I didn't make a lot of money at the time, so that 250 Marks really felt like a good gift). As for my white button down shirt, as a tractor mechanic at the time, what the &$%§ was I supposed to do with that?

It took years after that, before we started buying gifts for eachother, rather than just buying something for ourselves and calling it "my Christmas present this year"... :D

What was your worst present you either gave to someone or received?

Posted

Last year one of the kids gave him a frying pan for Christmas.

Knowing you, like I do, I'm sure you had no hand in that... Noooo... :P

Posted

A bog-roll holder from my mother-in-law. It was for my birthday actually.

Posted

Knowing you, like I do, I'm sure you had no hand in that... Noooo...

Moi? :rolleyes:

(This year one of them gave him a new kettle)

Posted

An argument caused by my brothers' father's boorish behavior. I was lucky, though, unlike my younger brothers I could leave the apartment so I ended up spending Christmas Eve with friends, one of whom was celebrating his birthday as well.

Posted

"To bob lots of love NAN" my nan was 92 at the time, she had taken the trouble to walk to the shops to buy her grandson a bar of chocolate,wrap it up,write a card and the b**t**d unpacked it,

Oh, man. You "win". Such a very sad story.

Posted

I got a really stinky angora sweater from my brother and his girlfriend once. Washed it over and over again and it still smelled like burnt plastic. No idea where they got the thing.

Posted

in 1988 I moved down south to start my new job living in B&B.For Christmas I got sweet feck all so I treated myself to a bottle of Bells Whiskey

Posted

Oh, man. You "win". Such a very sad story.

Win? :lol: one of many unfortunately Jay

Posted

That time I bought someone some reeeelly stinky Belgian cheese and the smell of it infused into the wrapping paper of all the other gifts. Had no time to repack, so I had to dust all the prezzies with talc trying to mask the smell.

(It didn't work)

Posted

In my old hippy days on the road, I gave a fellow hitchhiker/dosser a pair of my underpants ( I was wearing the other pair myself!). Considering I had no access to a shower or washing machine that Christmas, I doubt if they were washed, either! :D

Posted

I have low standards, but a grotty pair of John.g's skanky, sweat and other bodily fluid encrusted skivvies?

I vote for John.g('s present)

Posted

I can help you there, kludgie! It was in Costa Rica and the guy was on the road to San José where he was supposed to have a date with a woman and he wanted to make a good impression!

Didn´t everyone live like that back then in 1973? :D