Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Where to buy ugly Christmas sweaters

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello everyone. I am trying to buy some ugly christmas sweaters and I can't figure out where t find any in Frankfurt. I wandered around Hauptwache, but I'm looking for some cheaper ugly christmas sweaters I don't need to break the bank the buy. Thanks

Michael

Posted

For cheap and ugly (and synthetic textiles, so probably won't last too long) try some of the ethnic shops selling clothing in the Bahnhofsviertel (Münchener Strasse, Kaiserstrasse and the cross streets in between).

And no, I don't mean those shops where there are obviously not enough clothes to go around, so some people are very scantily dressed... ;)

Can't guarantee they will have Christmas motifs on them though. Is this a Christmas custom I don't know about?

Posted

Guys, we live in 21st century: http://www.myuglychristmassweater.com/

BTW- If you type "ugly" in Google, "ugly christmas sweaters" is shown second. Must be the time of the year :).

Posted

Gaaah! My eyes! :blink:

Not sure what the 21st century has to do with this, but you're right, we are 12 years into the 21st by now. And man, those are some hideous sweaters. I fear German sweaters will not be able to hold a candle to the true ugliness available online.

Posted

Okay, now I know what the 21st century has brought forth. I shudder to think this is just the beginning - but we do have 88 more years to go, who knows what else can happen. According to the WashPo:

Finally, Howard has good news for devotees of the ugly sweater party. He says from his perspective the tradition, "has been growing exponentially," since he first wrote a story about it for a lifestyle site, The Daily Green, in 2008. And Blackman’s traffic is up nearly four times over last year’s, Howard says.

The Christmas sweater trend, it seems, is here to stay—as eloquently forecasted in this 2001 essay by Style writer Hank Stuever.

Source: Tips for rocking the ugly Christmas sweater, Washington Post

Posted

Haha yeah thats what I was looking for. Just trying to buy it now and not online.

Posted

Will this one at 9€ do?

post-24869-13560241476161_thumb.jpg

Their pullovers are reduced both online and in their bricks-and-mortar stores.

It can be bought at your local C&A, map of their stores.

Posted

Have you looked in Woolworths yet? Try the one on the Berger str. or Schweizer Str.

Posted

You say ugly, I say "check out the matching sweaters we're wearing on our christmas card!!".

Saw lots in Primark (in Nordwestzentrum) about a month ago. Very cheap and very ugly. And lots of options. My GerMan picked up a hideous one that looks like the top half of a santa costume complete with beard (although it only starts from the collar!!! so gross!!)

Posted

H&M had some pretty righteous "MTV: Music Television" christmas sweaters the other day :)