Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fish shops in Rostock

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello,

I am new in Rostock, just moved here a few weeks ago. I found some shops in Wiesbaden where the sellers used to sell only raw fish and they were really nice. I know that, we can find frozen fish in local shops like REWE or ALDI. But, I was looking for shops which only sell fish.

Could anyone please inform me if there is any such shop in Rostock. Looking forward to hear some news :)

Posted

oh dear...Warnemünde fish market. Go to Warnemünde coming from the S bahn just before the bridge. In the mornings daily there is fresh caught fish. Doesn't get any fresher than that. If you can't make it in the morning there is a place called Min Herzing. On the weekends the Market last a little longer than during the week. I buy räucher fish from Min Herzing.

Posted

Min Herzing that sells fresh fish is near Kirchenplatz in Warnemünde. There are probably more but you can get fish fresh off the cutter there.

Posted

Thanks a lot Amber and sorry for my delayed reply.

I was not looking at this post since I thought that I won't be able to find any relevant reply. But, there you are; always helping out the newcomers with tons of information.

If it is not too much to ask, could you please tell me the shop's address; although you mentioned 'Min Herzing', I could not be sure if I would be able to find it without a specific address. I could ask around after reaching at Kirchenplatz but I don't speak German yet :(.

It's really nice to have you here. I will be glad to return the help by any means.

Wish you and all the reader of TT a Joyous Happy New Year!!

Posted

I found the shop, on google maps, named "Fischhus Min Herzing" at Poststraße 1, Rostock. Could you please confirm me if this is the right place?

Thanks a lot for your information Amber!

Posted

That is one of their shops but not the only one. You can also see what they have in the shop right by the Warnemünde Bahnhof. They also have a shop/restaurant there too. I know they have smoked fish but I believe I saw a sign about fresh fish too. If you make it early enough, right after you get off the train go straight towards Warnemünde and before you get to the bridge turn right (Lila Bäcker) there you find the fish market. It is only there in the mornings till I think about 10am. There you can get fresh caught fish. Somewhere along there is another store with fresh fish but only open mornings. If you can make it mornings, then one of the Min Herzing places are your best bet.

I have been living here too long. :) I do know Warnemünde really well.

Posted

@Amber: Thanks a lot. I will probably go there within few days. I will inform you my experience after visiting those markets :)

Posted

you also can check this one: http://goo.gl/maps/DSDQs