Sperm freezing in Berlin/Brandenburg

10 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm asking this here in the hopes that someone can provide an answer, as my Hausarzt wasn't able to.

In January, I'm going to undergo a major surgical procedure. Although there is a high probability that everything will go fine, there is still a non-negligible probability that shit will happen, and the last thing I want is to not be properly prepared for that. Hence the desire to freeze samples of my sperm, so that my wife can make use of it in the future, should she choose to.

Can anybody recommend a sperm bank in Berlin or close-by? If so, what are the legal and medical technicalities that I will have to sort out before I can make a donation?

Thanks in advance.

Posted

I remember reading something somewhere that there aren't any in Germany, but I am not sure. The article had something about Copenhagen being the place to go: The European Sperm Bank. I think you can pay them to store your sperm.

Edit: or maybe you can only buy sperm. But maybe worth a call.

Posted

Like I said I wasn't sure. It was some time ago and there was something about something not being available. Apparently it's not sperm. Love the Berlin Sperm Bank logo though.

Maybe it was this statement on that web site: Germany currently has no satisfactory legislation to help delineate the relationship between donors, aspiring parents and children.

Posted

Egg donation is not legal in Germany. But what is being described isn't sperm donation anyway. The OP wants to pay to bank his own sperm. Of course it's easy and legal- often done before cancer treatments. Probably cheaper in the Czech Republic. Just call some places and ask prices and the yearly maintenance cost and what they do when you stop paying (ie discard, medical experimentation, sell to strangers) and go from there.

Good luck, Koldito.

Posted

Try the fertility center in Berlin

they surely can help you

Posted

You might want to make a deposit here..

post-106272-13560024529451.jpg

Posted

Dude, I know its been cold in Berlin lately, but if your sperm are freezing, maybe you should try longjohns.

Posted

rockfisher, why don't you go home and come back when your mental age surpasses 12?

Nah, that wouldn't be any fun..

post-106272-13562094353955_thumb.jpg